Router/router table combinations

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Philly

Thanks for the quick reply. If I understand you correctly I can mount the Record table on my own base. Add an Incra fence and still be able to use the sliding carriage?

The Woodford router table looks suspiciously like the Record!

Cheers

Roger

Roger
You can mount the Incra-you need to mount it to the back of the cabinet and then sit the inccra mount on a 3/4 inch thick platform on top of the table. Will work fine, although I have replaced the sliding table with a solid on mine.
Cheers
Philly :D

Another major advantage for the Triton is the ability to fit the work centre sliding extension table to the router stand allowing large sheets (up to 1220mm across the table) to be handled with ease

Roger
I have a maxi sliding table shared between the WC & the router table. I have an extra inside rail that is attached to the router table so I just move the outer rail & table between the 2 tables.
Barry

yes there are two sizes - the Maxi that will allow upto 1220(4') wide and the Mini that allows upto 660mm wide. The maxi was design to handle a 8' X 4 sheet
Hope this helps
'

Hi Rog,

No, cos I got the feeling no one was very interested. But if you or anyone else are, I'll try do some tomorrow (I've switched to broadband since then which helps a lot).

cheers,

Ike

does anone have the xcaliber router table?
im just wondering how accurate the mitre guage is and how well built it is

ike":3ubxqseo said:
Hi Rog,

No, cos I got the feeling no one was very interested. But if you or anyone else are, I'll try do some tomorrow (I've switched to broadband since then which helps a lot).

cheers,

Ike

Yes please, Ike. Thanks. really shows the benefit of this forum..being able to track back through old posts etc

Roger :D

Simon":2qtcz8ho said:
I saw the Record RPMS-R at the D&M show last year, and was very impressed with the build quality. They are on offer until the end of this month - anyone out there got any experience of this table? My short list for a router to use with the table is down to the Porter Cable 7539 (good review on thids site), or the CMT 1850. Again, any views?

The PC without a doubt. I have owned <cough> a 'few' routers over the years and the PC is by far the best for handheld use. For purely table use, the Triton

Roger wrote:

Yes please, Ike

OK, I'm having a pottering day today after a long day yesterday finishing an engine rebuild, so I'll head down't workshop for a bit.

cheers,

Ike

Roger,

I'm struggling badly trying to show pictures on the forum. So far I've learned to upload them to my webspace but it starts 'ftp'. I've followed Adams guide but am stumped at the moment. :evil: Time out for a bit methinks. Any further help appreciated.

Ike

Ike

Can you view them on your website with a browser? If so then you're nearly there. What I then do is create my UK Workshop reply, then go to my browser and navigate to each image in turn. I copy the URL from the browsers address field (that way I know it'll work in the post) then click the Img icon on UKW, then paste my URL then click Img again to close it off. Then preview to check it's OK.

I'll pm you with my mobile

Cheers

Roger

Tony

When you're using your Triton how do you lift it to change the bit? Reach under and just shove it up or wind it up or use a plunge bar?

Cheers

Roger

Tony

When you're using your Triton how do you lift it to change the bit? Reach under and just shove it up or wind it up or use a plunge bar?

EDIT: Just been experimenting with the Triton mounted underneath some MDF and I notice that I cannot raise it using the wheel by itself. I have to also apply upward pressure with the other hand underneath the router body. Guess it must be racking? It just locks solid unless I relieve the presure as I menbtioed.

When removing the spring, is there JUST the spring that comes out? It's a VERY strong spring DAMHIKT and I thought I heard a ping somewhere else in the workshop which could have been a wee critical piece zinging its' way to freedom :oops: :oops:

Cheers

Roger

Roger
You have got the rack engaged fully with the catch on the handle and the plunge lock disengaged :?: :roll: . There is a little locator in the top of the spring housing maybe that is what went exploring the workshop.

My triton is easily adjusted with one hand on the side handle, fine adjustment the same.

Les

I have RPMS-R table and modified it similar to Philly's with a little inspiration from big NORM! I have kept the sliding table though and added 2 estate car boot lid gas struts (free from a scrap car) to ease the raising of the table, heavy bxxxxr that it is. I found the foot print with a wheel base on the standard frame was a little too big for my work shop. If I knew how to post pictures, I would show you what I've done. All in all a good bit of kit which enabled me to make all my rail and style panelling for our newly refubished living room.

Dicky

Back