Router cutter bearings?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Arnold9801

Established Member
Reaction score
Just looking at router cutter bearings and was wondering if there’s a cheaper source than Axminster, Trend etc?

Do any of you source yours from elsewhere?

Arnold9801

try bearing boys or similar on the web, just measure ID, OD and depth. They are usually a popular size

I use Wealden bearings to make orders up to the £20 (unless it's changed) for free P&P - if a cutter I need is say £15 I order a few bearings either as spares or of sizes I haven't already got. The P&P doubles the cost if ordering them singley.

Bearings - I use bearings a fair bit in bike restorations and you get what you pay for. A good bearing should cost you about a fiver and it will last and last, and even gummed up the covers can be removed, the entire thing soaked in thinners and regreased to be put back into use.
Ultra cheap bearings are either odd sized- as in it might say 6mm, but it certainly isnt, maybe 6.2mm or more. Plus you cannot always get into the actual bearings to clean them
Good companies are SKF or Enduro

Back