Router advice please

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

johnny5

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi,
Looking to buy a palm 1/4 router with a clear base so i can write names /numbers on timber to be able to see where i am going.
I will only be using it for edging small craft items and writing signs ,
Do not mind if it is fixed speed or variable speed , looked at the Bosch on offer in Screwfix for £99 but it does not have a plastic base and is fixed speed . I bought a Champion palm router years ago that was cheap and brilliant but sadly no longer made
Anyone recommend a router that ticks all my boxes
john

It would widen your search if you were to make a clear acrylic base for one that doesn't come with one. S

I brought a 1/4 router with the same intention, ended up in a router table as they always do, wished id have brought a 1/2 inched now, one of my regrets from lack of research.

I have the exact solution....a Rigid. The only trouble is they're an American make and a mate of mine brings them over when he comes once a year. £60 was all it cost too. I have a tranny anyway so the 110V doesn't worry me. If you can get one they are very well made and really handy sized.

Back