Rocking horse

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

joesoap

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi Lads
I have acquired a rocking horse . It looks to me like an abandoned renovation job but is complete with eyes and tail . No mane and no tack and is fibreglassed / ferrocrete construction . I drilled a 4 x 50 mm hole to check but only grey dust appeared . Could it be wood cored ? Looking at the sales sites it certainly looks the real macoy .
However I'm not sure whether to pass it on or complete the job . Any tips would be appreciated . I have a problem in that I still cannot do the pics / image thing having tried with all the sound advice given here but not giving up on it .
I could do so on a e-mail to anyone interested as an attachment .
Cheers ![/img]

(pm sent) I'd be a bit dubious if there is no sign of wood within 50mm of the surface. Old horses usually had a coat of gesso over the surface, which would drill out greyish, but it would only be a millimetre or so thick at most.
Can't give any suggestions as to what it might be made from, but it sounds as if it may have been moulded rather than carved.

Hi Dalboy
I had tried that one , got the ad from the BW and yes they do horses and plans , tack,etc but no offer of advice or tips forum . I will probaby get back to them for tack though . Tell you what though , some of the prices are staggering for what is essentially a toy after all . Having said that there is some skill in the making if it's a carved job .
Cheers

Latest posts

Back