Rocket and Horse Shelf

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

syntec4

Established Member
Reaction score
Hello all,
I Built a couple of these for the kids at the weekend. Nothing too fancy, just really strong to cope with heavy books and the distinct possibility of them being used as a springboard :evil:

2006_1126_131316_JPG.jpg

The finish is probably the most interesting bit. It's a metal Flake Topcoat.

There is a few more pictures here too. Click on the thumbnail for the web album.

Thanks for looking.
Lee.

Nice work,Lee - see what you mean about "strong",after counting the number of screws you fastened it up with :shock:

Andrew

Andrew - those are #10 x 3". 7 In each shelf. I don't want them getting ripped off the wall and doing any damage to anyone! :D I swung off both of them just to make sure. I'm about 13.5 stone, so hopefully that'll be enough.

Cheers
Lee.

Those are really cool, Lee 8) .

Are they your own designs and how did you you cut them? Jigsaw or fretsaw?

Gill

Gill":1hr0ddmx said:
Those are really cool, Lee 8) .

Are they your own designs and how did you you cut them? Jigsaw or fretsaw?

Gill

Hi Gill,
I just did some sketches in pencil onto some A4 Paper. I then stuck them onto the MDF with some Spray mount stuff from maplin. Then I put the thinnest blade I have (3/8") in my record bandsaw. I cut out most of the waste with that, then just cleaned up the rest with a coping saw. Of course I want a scroll saw now to do some more :wink:

Thanks for the kind words.

Lee.

Lee - just kidding :lol: Made this when I first got married over 25 years ago now, hangs on 2 x 2.5" steel No8's :shock: . As you can see there's quite allot of weight on it now and it has'nt yet fallen off the wall - Rob

IMGP0061.jpg

Latest posts

Back