Richard kell Honing guide- buying direct

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Matthews been getting my support aswell. As it stands im waiting for a clifton no5 from him and i purchased all my chisels from him. This is turning out to be an expensive hobbie me thinks :lol:

Am i right in thinking people dont rate rutlands on here ? I've always been interested in what they've got in there catalogue. The thing thats always put me off is there pricing. I've had so many emails offering supposed 'better than half price' i always think- why are you charging so much in the first place? Thats why i've never ordered from them and probably never will. Axminster is usually my benchmark as a guide line for pricing. Plus i've had experience with there customer services for years, and its very impressive

Some of us are not fans. Generally they're ok (otherwise they'd not be quite so big). But when things go wrong, it tends to be disastrous.

Dibs-h":3i4jm63o said:
coleysbiscuit":3i4jm63o said:
Am i right in thinking people dont rate rutlands on here ?

I'm with Wizer on this one! (and he's being far too polite about them - must be the painkillers)

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I tend not to use Rutlands as I get most of my stuff from either Axminster (who can't be faulted IMO regarding their customer service) and Matthew, who is equally as good and in some ways is even better (passrounds)
I see nothing wrong with Rutland's stuff, it's just that I always look at Axminster and WH first and then see what Rutlands have to offer - Rob

I have bought from Rutlands a few times and never had any problems, but for me the measure of a companies customer service can only be gauged when things have gone wrong. Most companies appear to give a decent level of service when the purchases go along smoothly but it is how they deal with complaints that makes the best stand out. Fortunately I have not had occasion to find out how Rutlands measure up when things go belly up!

Back