Returned from Celebration of Craftsmanship

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BrianD

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi all,

I have just return form the show. What a show! What furniture! What craftsmanship! :shock: :shock: :shock:

The variety of furniture was great and several hundred are on show.

The highlight of the show was a jewelry box. It exemplified the pinnacle of woodworking craftsmanship.

My SWMBO decided she should go home with this box, only £4000 ($7500). You saw right! :roll:

The prices ranged up to £40000 ($75000) :shock: for a chest of drawers.

The selection of woods was great.

Of course I was all over the furniture, touched the surfaces, I opened doors, check the panels, back panels, drawer designs. Heck, I took drawers out and examined the joints! When I was three-quarters through the pieces my SWBO noticed a kind request in the brochure for people not to touch the items and ask a steward (with gloves) to facilitate an examination.
:lol: :lol:

:oops:

Well, I reckon people are going to use these- these are not museum pieces for heavan sake! Too bad! :evil:

So I will have plan the replay for next year!

:lol: :lol:

Worth going to! No photos allowed. Pity! Such beautiful goodies. :((

Cheers.

hi brian,
i visited this exhibition a few years ago and also found it a hub of great ideas. The workmanship in every piece was fantastic. I also got caught out with the no touching signs, just as we were walking out.. ahh well. No one seemed to say anything.

BrianD":31bgylm2 said:
Hi all,

My SWMBO decided she should go home with this box, only £4000 ($7500). You saw right! :roll:

The prices ranged up to £40000 ($75000) :shock: for a chest of drawers.

You missed your chance there Brian.

You should have offered to buy it for her - A gift from you.
She would have either:-
swooned, gushed "oh thank you my dear I love you" which means you she would be so indebted to you she couldn't argue about the next upgrade for the workshop as she would feel guilty about appearing 'tight'.

OR, refused saying "dont be silly we can't afford that", which is then your cue to say " No my darling you're so right. But if I buy that XXX machine, I'll be able to make them, and look at the fantastic money we can make! and then I can buy you something even better and give you that holiday you wanted as well"

:twisted:

Mark

Hi Mark

Pecker":1cuqj1k8 said:
No my darling you're so right. But if I buy that XXX machine, I'll be able to make them, and look at the fantastic money we can make! and then I can buy you something even better and give you that holiday you wanted as well

You are obviously a very bad person. I love it. :lol:

Cheers
Neil

to quote"

You missed your chance there Brian.

You should have offered to buy it for her - A gift from you.
She would have either:-
swooned, gushed "oh thank you my dear I love you" which means you she would be so indebted to you she couldn't argue about the next upgrade for the workshop as she would feel guilty about appearing 'tight'.

OR, refused saying "dont be silly we can't afford that", which is then your cue to say " No my darling you're so right. But if I buy that XXX machine, I'll be able to make them, and look at the fantastic money we can make! and then I can buy you something even better and give you that holiday you wanted as well"

"

:D

My SWBO stated "You could make that item" pointing out the $8000 table. "It surely would not cost that". AND I said "Yes darling, but.....I need a little bit of equipment however I do not think I would spend a total of £8000 all in". SO she said "When do you start?" :shock: :lol: :lol: :lol:

So it's official and boy I'm gonna hold her to it. More toys!

Oh boy, let the planning start!

Back