NEW COMPETITION - FABULOUS PRIZE!

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Johnboy

Are you sure it's a good idea to show the judges all of those previous boxes :twisted: :p :p :wink:

Hi Bean, the pallet cost £150 inc VAT and delivery IIRC for a minimum of 10 cubic feet of timber. The one I got included oak, iroko, mahogany, beech,ash plus a few bits I could not identify. Various thicknesses and widths and all 3ft or longer. At £15/cubic ft delivered I thought it was good value as a starter pack for someone who had never worked with any hardwood before.

John

Well folks, five weeks to go unless I'm very much mistaken. :shock: The idea of progress reports might need a bit of tweaking though - I was sort of hoping we might get them while you were still progressing, rather than "here's me making it and here it is finished" sort of thing. :lol: Still, no worries eh? :wink: Feel free to put your entry in a fresh thread btw, just stick "competition" somewhere in the subject line.

Cheers, Alf

Johnboy
were there many split boards, was the majority useful. I'm still wondering about a pallet load. They also do bag loads dont they? If i'm right that may just be up my street.. Mmmmm

Bean

Hi Bean, I think the bag loads are mainly aimed at turners but I suppose would be Ok for small things like boxes etc.

Most of the timber was usable, no board ends with big splits or anything. As I said at 15 quid a cubic ft delivered I thought is was pretty good value.

John

JohnBoy I think you are right they sound very good value, now i wonder where I can hide it ??

Bean

Just a reminder:

TWO WEEKS TO GO!!!!

Closing date to win that oh-so-luvverly plane, Midnight, Monday September 13th. There's still time! :D

Cheers, Alf

Folks,

A minor hitch. One of the esteemed judging panel will be unavailable to be bribed* immediately after the closing date, so we're calling for a volunteer to step into the breach. Obviously entrants for the competition are ineligible, but is any other member of good standing willing to bear this heavy burden? If any sacrificial lamb willing to step forward would email me, I'd be very much obliged. Ta muchly. :D

Cheers, Alf

*Not that we'd take them, naturally
newangel1.gif

Yep, sorry that's me. Going on holiday on the closing date. Was really looking forward to it as well :cry:

Alf":ieza0b0z said:
One of the esteemed judging panel will be unavailable to be bribed* immediately after the closing date
Alf - just to be clear: should I return the monies already received?

Well - seems fair you should have around 20% I suppose. Given the amounts involved I think I'd better courier bonds down to Cornwall.
Really - the amount people are prepared to spend on bribes, you wonder why they don't just go and buy the prize plane to start with. :shock:

Back