NEW COMPETITION - FABULOUS PRIZE!

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
f7bfb410.jpg

well here is the first of many too come :p

f7bfb407.jpg

HS

bu**er follow the link I cant do it :oops:

I can't see what wrong with your links either.

Anyway, nice piece of work.

Adam
trying you links....

f7bfb410.jpg

aand

f7bfb407.jpg

Links not working - I reckon its an error at imagestation. Sorry HS.

Adam

Remember this? A week and a half, give or take, already gone. :shock: D'you want that plane to escape your clutches? This is easily the best chance you'll have to win one; go on, make that effort. :wink:

For anyone lacking inspiration, you might find galoot Doug Brozovic's pics handy. A couple of "totes" in there which I'd call tool boxes :wink: , plus some Shaker ones too. For the very brave, how about Andrew Crawford's site. I dare say you could tweak the ideas so mere mortals could make 'em... :shock: Check out his links page too. Boxes a go-go. :D

Cheers, Alf

Not forgotten - merely finishing up the second chair - next week I should be clear.

I am presently planning a smallish (1 foot cube) box to hold carving tools with some novel features to display carvings I am working on - I just have to design and build it!

Hi Chris

Something I've ween meaning to ask you for a while now is this. Are you making an exact replica of the first chair or have you changed any aspects of it?

Tony,
Not quite a replica. I have included some ebony accents in the headrest, the various plugs are now ebony and in each rocker there is an ebony lamination. I have also reshaped the headrest to give it more curvature from top to bottom. I am away for a couple of days but should have pictures sometime next week.

Hi all

Where are all the boxes?

I just wanted to bring this great competition to everyones attention again 'cause if we have no entries, then the judges will have to fight amongst themselves to see who gets the plane :twisted: :wink:

Tony":2kcazbr0 said:
Hi all

Where are all the boxes?

I just wanted to bring this great competition to everyones attention again 'cause if we have no entries, then the judges will have to fight amongst themselves to see who gets the plane :twisted: :wink:

Yeah, I've come to a dead stop on mine, as I need access to a lathe to carry on. (for a small heyhole surround). Roll on Saturday as I hope to get one then...

Adam

Jaymar, you can't post pictures whose names contain spaces. You must use underscores in the name like this My_Picture_of_a_box.jpg

Having successfully posted one photo I will attempt to post my entry for the competition.
Mmm!!. Make a box, any box using a process new to you. Doing it right would be new to me but I have no intention of being so radical.
An hexagonal box was my choice, never made anything not square(my joke). First pick some wood,see my previous post, I decided on ash as I like the colour and grain.
I first machined this profile
Pictures%2FPicture%20112.jpg
but after carefully cutting the mitres I realised I had cut them the wrong way round so a flat profile was next.I had made a jig to cut the 30 degree angles on the sloping profile but it worked just as well for flat stock.

Making the top was far more difficult than I imagined, a fraction of a degree out ant large gaps appeared between the pieces, but I eventually got it nearly right.I will post the final photos later as I Haven't got the process quite right yet.

Jaymar,

'Fraid we canny see any images. Tried going direct but Bill's net passport nonsense won't let me. Try www.uploadit.org So much easier to use.

Rgds

Noel

For those new to this thread, Alf just likes repeating things...
For those that may have been here before dot com should've been dot org

Rgds

Noel, totally and utterly confused, but no longer, ta Alf.

Noely":9cdwfgre said:
For those new to this thread, Alf just likes repeating things...
Well I did almost add "wot he said" at the beginning, but I could have sworn I'd already said that somewhere else... :roll: Just thought emphasising the free aspect might be useful too. :wink:

Cheers, Alf

Back