Reliable courier service - pick up and deliver?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

timbly

Established Member
UKW Supporter
Reaction score
Hi
Has anyone used a reliable courier service. I'm interested in a P/T on ebay but the seller won't arrange delivery from his end so I'm looking for a company who'll pick up and deliver. The guy isn't being too helpful and I don't think he'll pack the item so the courier would have to do it all!
Thanks
Tim

timbly":aghtfuyz said:
Hi
Has anyone used a reliable courier service. I'm interested in a P/T on ebay but the seller won't arrange delivery from his end so I'm looking for a company who'll pick up and deliver. The guy isn't being too helpful and I don't think he'll pack the item so the courier would have to do it all!
Thanks
Tim

Interparcel are very good and will take pallets, but I am unsure if a courier will actually pack the item. http://www.interparcel.com/services.php

Parcel2go is another good company. http://www.parcel2go.com/?source=aw&ref ... iatewindow

Cheers

Mike

I'm afraid mine is a negative for parcel2go I used them a lot for business. Great when everything goes well. If there is a problem you might as well talk to a brick wall. I know they are 'agents' dealing with various carriers but when 100 of pounds of kit goes missing I expect them to try and find it not just tell me 'these things happen'

I've moved over to collectmyparcel.com and am pretty happy so far.

Just my 2p worth

James

Hi

Have a look at Palletline - they will pack for you, but haven't tried it (packing that is).

They have moved one table saw on a pallet for me best part of 200 miles (£54) and doing one for me (300+ miles) on Monday for £69. This is door to door delivery not packing, but they have that option on their webiste.

Global hire quoted £195 plus Vat for tail lift van for a weekend, when you add fuel, its not a difficult choice!

Just my 2p

Ben2

I remember seeing one or two companies advertising on eBay who also offer a 'packaging' service for large machines like this - what exactly that entails though, I couldn't say.

I've just had my first negative experience with Parcel2Go - though, I largely point the blame at the courier; HDNL. There were problems at both ends on this one - one day, the driver arrived for collection but immediately drove off again! :shock: It was collected the next day but, many hours earlier than expected (not necessarily a bad thing, I admit).

Delivery then took a couple of weeks without hearing a word from either party involved. But, Parcel2Go were able to assist and resolve the matter eventually (still, it took a couple of phone calls, but hey...).

Other than this one-off, I've had an exceptional service using them for nearly two-years now without a hitch.

Hi
I didn't win the P/T but now I feel better armed regarding delivery options for future forays into ebay world..
Thanks to all..
Tim

Hi Devon
I'm up near Okehampton - the wet frozen wastelands compared with the sunny riveria down in Paignton..
All the best
Tim

Thats handy to know, everytime I cross over the A38 it goes cloudy etc. I now have a contact to get a personal weather check. :wink:

Back