• We invite you to join UKWorkshop.
    Members can turn off viewing Ads!

Record Power BS350S Bandsaw Modifications - Part 1: Blade Guide Upgrade Using Rikon Tool-Less Kit

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

MikeK

Staff member
Reaction score
Mike is there any reason why this is no longer available: https://www.ukworkshop.co.uk/forums...r-record-power-bs350s-bandsaw-t104848-15.html

Also a couple of other threads I started on the Record Power guide modifications.
Mike,

The thread is still there, but is likely a formatting error in the URL from the conversion to XenForo. If you are clicking on embedded URLs from within threads, the links might not work if they were created before the conversion. If you find any of these, report the post and I can fix the URL.

Here is the link to the thread from your post, which is a remnant from the previous software:

https://www.ukworkshop.co.uk/forums/axminster-rip-fence-upgrade-for-record-power-bs350s-bandsaw-t104848-15.html

Here is the new link for the thread before I changed the title to add the Sabre 350 guides:

https://www.ukworkshop.co.uk/threads/axminster-rip-fence-upgrade-for-record-power-bs350s-bandsaw.104848/

The thread URLs were changed during the conversion to XenForo, but embedded links in posts were not converted.

The important part of the URL is the six-digit number at the end. Everything between "threads/" and the number can be deleted and XenForo will still display the thread. For example,

https://www.ukworkshop.co.uk/threads/104848/

and

https://www.ukworkshop.co.uk/threads/rip-fence-upgrade-for-record-power-bs350s-bandsaw-axminster-and-sabre350.104848/

will still navigate to

Dave B

Established Member
Reaction score
Thanks Mike K for putting the photos up for me to look at.
Please speak freely if I got this wrong.
The picture showing lower guides on the Sabre mounted higher through aperture of the top plate making an enlarged opening tells me that I shouldn't have any reason for concern to cut out a larger opening on my saw if that's the route I have to go with.

I like your idea to try and position the bracket on the underside of the top plate and it does look from the photo that its a definite option. If I need to make any modifications to the bracket or make a new one, that could be option two.

I have Emailed RP to ask if they sell the guides and hopefully they will come back with some good news.
Haven't been able to find one in other places just yet..

Many many thanks

Dave 😃

Spectric

Established Member
UKW Supporter
Reaction score
When you look at the later Sabre guides and compare to the earlier BS guides they both attach using that round pin, I would have thought that by now Record would be selling these later guides as an upgrade for earlier saws just like they have with the later fence which is available as an upgrade part.

Dave B

Established Member
Reaction score
When you look at the later Sabre guides and compare to the earlier BS guides they both attach using that round pin, I would have thought that by now Record would be selling these later guides as an upgrade for earlier saws just like they have with the later fence which is available as an upgrade part.
Thanks for your reply.

Fingers crossed that they do sell an upgrade set of guides for older saws.

Thanks

Dave

Benpointer

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi there, does anyone know where/how to get hold of one of the Rikon tool-less guide kits in the UK? I can't find anyone on the internet selling them. Thanks!

RichardG

If at first you don’t succeed have a cup of tea.
Reaction score
Thanks for your reply.

Fingers crossed that they do sell an upgrade set of guides for older saws.

Thanks

Dave
If they were going to do this they’d have done it by now. I suspect the cost of packaging the bits up together with a failsafe set of instructions together with the number of supports calls and quantity they’d sell probably just doesn’t stack up. Plus they’d really like you to buy a Sabre, I note they now have a 10 inch Sabre variant and wonder if the 12 inch version is also on the way….

Dave B

Established Member
Reaction score
Well I took the plunge and bought the Sabre top set of blade guides as a complete kit.
As expected, some modifications had to be made to the blade guard as the Sabre guides are a good bit larger compared to the OEM version. Had to and remounted the guard about 15mm hight in its mount position so just drilled and tapped an new thread to secure it. I am really pleased with the result and now I have bearings facing the correct way guiding the blade as they are intended.

I am going to order a lower set if RP have them in stock and see if that will fit. I am pretty optimistic after seeing what has already been done by Mike K.

Thanks Mike