Recommend drawer runners

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Wilson joinery

Established Member
Reaction score
Morning everyone

I’m about to embark on my first set of drawers. Can anyone recommend drawer runners? The choice is bewildering! Something sturdy and with soft close?

They are just for clothes in a wardrobe so won’t be holding a huge amount of weight.

Cheers
Pete

I just ordered these from Amazon and they seem very good soft closing. "AOLISHENG 5 Pair Soft Close Drawer Runners Drawer Slides 550mm Heavy Duty 45kg Load Capacity Draw Sliders Full Extension Ball Bearing Kitchen Cabinet Replacement Black Draw Runners Side Mount "
Appreciate you didn't ask for heavy duty but might point you in right direction

Just get Blum for undermount or Accuride for side mount. I recently tried some amazon ones and had to send back a few as the quality was not up to scratch.
Never had to send any Blum stuff back in 15 years.

Blum or Grass. I am not so keen on Accuride as they aren't as smooth and are much less tolerant of slight inaccuracies in fitting.

re the video from the london carpenter , i asked if still used those runners and has said on that 4 year old video - they still use them and from watching previous videos they do a lot of draws

I just ordered these from Amazon and they seem very good soft closing. "AOLISHENG 5 Pair Soft Close Drawer Runners Drawer Slides 550mm Heavy Duty 45kg Load Capacity Draw Sliders Full Extension Ball Bearing Kitchen Cabinet Replacement Black Draw Runners Side Mount "
Appreciate you didn't ask for heavy duty but might point you in right direction

I have these too and I'm very pleased with them.

And I agree with Peter! Grass undermounts are also excellent, I have used the Chinese copies and they are good value but made to a price. You pays yer money etc etc

Nowt wrong with trad wooden runners which work well, cost nothing (just a few offcuts) and last for generations.

Hi all

Thanks for all the replies it’s really helpful.

Jacob - if it were me I’d go traditional but the mrs has her mind on soft close and she won’t be changing her mind!!

Johnnyb - yes possibly, do you want to send me a pm with details of how many, price, etc?

Cheers
Pete

Back