CNC MFT Top bought and recommended

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Filament

Established Member
UKW Supporter
Reaction score
Just a quick note to highly recommend the work and buying experience with member @Chrispy
Been looking for a CNC MFT top but had heard stories of some that had holes out of spec etc.

I contacted some of the CNC shops recommended on here and found that they won't mail having had too many damaged in transit and they weren't close enough to me to make the drive worthwhile.

Was planning on MRMDF, but contacted Chris who was brilliant to deal with and was the only maker I have found that offered Lightweight Ply as an option.
Given that (as you may have seen in my other thread) I am in the odd situation of having to store the MFT hung on the wall behind a cupboard, the weight of the MRMDF was a concern, so though ply may not have been my first choice (I Like the heft of MDF). for this use it was perfect (weight difference for 1200x800 is about 12kg for the MRMDF, 9.5KG for the lightweight ply, My back will thank me)

Dog holes are bored and chamfered nicely and it was packed really well and arrived in perfect condition.

Chris was a pleasure to deal with from start to finish and turned the job around very quickly

IMG_7545.jpeg
IMG_7544.jpeg

Do you do custom sizes @Chrispy? I hope to build a new workbench in the new year and am thinking of making it around a drop-in, replaceable MFT top

Sean

Just a quick note to highly recommend the work and buying experience with member @Chrispy
Been looking for a CNC MFT top but had heard stories of some that had holes out of spec etc.

I contacted some of the CNC shops recommended on here and found that they won't mail having had too many damaged in transit and they weren't close enough to me to make the drive worthwhile.

Was planning on MRMDF, but contacted Chris who was brilliant to deal with and was the only maker I have found that offered Lightweight Ply as an option.
Given that (as you may have seen in my other thread) I am in the odd situation of having to store the MFT hung on the wall behind a cupboard, the weight of the MRMDF was a concern, so though ply may not have been my first choice (I Like the heft of MDF). for this use it was perfect (weight difference for 1200x800 is about 12kg for the MRMDF, 9.5KG for the lightweight ply, My back will thank me)

Dog holes are bored and chamfered nicely and it was packed really well and arrived in perfect condition.

Chris was a pleasure to deal with from start to finish and turned the job around very quickly
Thank you for your very kind words "Filament" glad you have recieved your MFT but I do seem to recall it was to be a Christmas present? so better re-wrap it before you get caught.
Anyway thanks for letting me know it arrived OK.

Thank you for your very kind words "Filament" glad you have recieved your MFT but I do seem to recall it was to be a Christmas present? so better re-wrap it before you get caught.
Anyway thanks for letting me know it arrived OK.
This is true. She claims that fitting it under the tree may be problematic which demonstrates a lack of creativity if you ask me 😀

Back