MFT sacrificial top

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
As to your current problem I am not sure how I would use a tracksaw to rip narrow stock because as you say the track is unsupported unless you have more material of the same thickness to support it, maybe this is a step to far for any tracksaw and the table saw is the right tool.

I use my FS 1400/2 guide rail to rip narrow stock with the track saw. The support under the guide rail was three or four strips of similar material perpendicular to the stock being cut.

I use my FS 1400/2 guide rail to rip narrow stock with the track saw. The support under the guide rail was three or four strips of similar material perpendicular to the stock being cut.
That is the way I have tried, but even over a 600mm length it takes only a very small amount of movement to end up out of square. The way I now get this type of task done is to cut any narrow pieces from a larger piece so it is fully supported and more area to hold it down which so far works. I suppose this really comes down to planing the sequence of cuts so you don't end up in a difficult situation.

There you are I said I could do it for you.
20230224_161458.jpg

Back