recommend a rip blade

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

banjodog

Reaction score
I need a 10" rip blade for 2" oak and iroko. I have a 24 T dewalt which seriously struggles with anything over 1"

Try freud. I have always had good blades from them and will be getting some of there blades for my TS55 :)

24T on a 10" diameter should be ideal for general ripping. Are you sure it is sharp?
I'd recommend talking to Doug Perry at Cutting Solutions. He will give you good advice.

I also have a Freud blade and like it.

S

Got a Freud LM20 rip blade yesterday and run some 2" oak this morning. A vast improvement on the Dewalt supplied with the saw which I'm guessing is due to the extra chip removal teeth. I'll still use the Dewalt on 1" thick rips as it's fine for that.

Scanning so of the American forums seems they have a much wider choice over there. Freud do a Heavy duty rip blade which doesn't seem to be available over here ? Also Forrest blades seem to be popular again not available over here.

There are a few different makes available in the uk. Trend, cmt, wealden, atkinsen walker etc. But yes we have nowhere near the same range of quality blades in the uk as the usa.

If you are willing to spend the money then have a look at Leitz, Leuco or Stehle blades. Much better than Freud or CMT but you do pay for the extra quality.

tomouse":kjivs7oe said:
If you are willing to spend the money then have a look at Leitz, Leuco or Stehle blades. Much better than Freud or CMT but you do pay for the extra quality.

They make the Festool blades so should be good for the price of them. :shock:

Latest posts

Back