Festool TS Blades

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

segovia

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi.

Any suggestions for replacement track saw blades for the Festool TS 160 x 2.2 x 20mm

I need a 48TPI and a rip blade, I thought Scott+Sargeant did them but apparently not

Trend do them which can be found at Toolstation and are cheap but pretty good. Freud are a bit nicer but a lot more money or Axminster do thier own ones.
I often buy the Trend ones from ebay in a pack of 3 for the price of one genuine Festool one.
For ripping hardwoods no one seems to copy the Festool Panther rip blade which is the best and only has about 12 teeth, or at least I haven`t found one yet.

Ollie

Trend do them which can be found at Toolstation and are cheap but pretty good. Freud are a bit nicer but a lot more money or Axminster do thier own ones.
I often buy the Trend ones from ebay in a pack of 3 for the price of one genuine Festool one.
For ripping hardwoods no one seems to copy the Festool Panther rip blade which is the best and only has about 12 teeth, or at least I haven`t found one yet.

Ollie
Yes, I agree the 12T alternative blade doesn't seem to be an option.

Buy original branded blades. This is one Festool product that is top quality and not that badly priced, especially if you jump on the regular 15 and 20% discount sales from the online sellers.
Don't think that buying an alternative brand like say a freud will get you as good a blade for less money.

Buy original branded blades. This is one Festool product that is top quality and not that badly priced, especially if you jump on the regular 15 and 20% discount sales from the online sellers.
Don't think that buying an alternative brand like say a freud will get you as good a blade for less money.

Festool blades are made by Leitz who do know a thing or two about making saw blades.

I'm guilty of buying cheap throw away blades, my local saw doctor isn't great though.

I have a Freud 14 tooth alternating tooth rip blade but it is closer to 2.4mm or 2.5mm (3/32") that did a nice job of ripping Oak. They might make a 2.2mm blade. You would have to check. The upside to Festool blade is that there would be no shaving of the rubber strip since I would expect them to be a consistent thickness but have no problem being corrected if they aren't.

Pete

The problem I found with using non Festool blades was although I could get the same tooth kerf the body of the blade was thinner which meant when installed the teeth were closer to the track & recut the splinter guard.

This isn’t a problem if you are going to stick with the same brand & they do a range of blades to suit your needs. For me I now stick with Festool their teeth have plenty of carbide to them & I can sharpen them many times so it’s of no advantage to buy cheap ones.

Ollie
the link below your post recommending key blades has a 12 tooth rip blade for tracksaws

Back