Recommend a bandsaw

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

defsdoor

Established Member
Reaction score
I'm looking for a bandsaw on a budget. Really can't spend much more than 5-600 but want something that will last me forever.

Anyone got any good recommendations ?

I recently bought the Axminster - AWHBS350N, love it, very powerful, and you could afford the one higher, which is even more powerful. Great aftersales with Axminster of course.

Katchin":3a01wyfi said:
I recently bought the Axminster - AWHBS350N

I've got that one as well, and I'm very pleased with it now it has decent blades on from tuffsaws

I had my eye on an Axminster but then I read through old posts and starting be swayed to a Startrite - especially having seen one on ebay running at a fraction of it's worth (it's now well outside my budget). So, might have to take a trip to my local Axminster shop (remembering that they aren't open on Sundays)

Am going to see if I can get paid with one for a job I am doing tomorrow :)

As one of many Startrite (352) owners on the forum I would get another should the need ever arise. Ebay regularly have these machines - both single and 3 phase and they can be had for reasonable cost. A lot of these were used in schools and have been well maintained with fairly low use. It's worth keeping your eyes on Ebay for a while - though bear in mind the location of the offering as you will have to collect or arrange delivery.

Misterfish

Back