Quality Scroll saw required

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Blister":2syygxgz said:
Anyone selling a decent scroll saw ?

Fancy having a go at this as I have not done it before :lol:

Thanks

I have had several scroll saws as a beginner which were not very good. I then bought a delta variable saw for £125 from the local hardware shop which was fantastic as changing of the blade was a piece of cake and made the whole thing very enjoyable. The down side was i took on a very complicated project to get used to changing blades. After 8 straight hours of work i was dragged off to dinner, when i got back my puppy had chewed the corner off of my work but there you go. Hope this helps.

Regards Margin

Have to agree with margin about Delta saws , i have three now , although
no longer available here a number have come up on Ebay , well worth a bid if its not to far away
hope you find something suitable , it's fun anyway :lol: ---frank---------

p.s. Margin , was it new ? as i thought they were obsolete !!!!!!!!!!

Hi Blister,
you say you haven't used a scrollsaw, and yet you've made over 2000 posts on the SCROLLING section?

Somebody's pulling somebody's leg.....
Bruce

Bruce, I think you'll find that's over 2000 posts on the forum, not in one section of it. Blister's middle name isn't Wizer :D

Brucio":d4ldrdju said:
Hi Blister,
you say you haven't used a scrollsaw, and yet you've made over 2000 posts on the SCROLLING section?

Bruce

Yes , on the forum not only the scroll saw section :wink:

Blister":3v180n1g said:
Brucio":3v180n1g said:
Hi Blister,

Bruce

Yes , on the forum not only the scroll saw section :wink:

Wizer :?: Who is this Wizer :lol:

Blister":40axvk4u said:

Thanks

we've got one of these for sale

700153_l.jpg

1 year old, light use only - slight rust on the table from the workshop air not being the driest, but easily removed - £50 , pick up from oxford area. Pm me if you are interested (i'll give you a few days before i offer it to the forum at large)

big soft moose":chx3o9ba said:
Blister":chx3o9ba said:

Thanks

we've got one of these for sale

700153_l.jpg

1 year old, light use only - slight rust on the table from the workshop air not being the driest, but easily removed - £50 , pick up from oxford area. Pm me if you are interested (i'll give you a few days before i offer it to the forum at large)

Thanks Pete , but I will pass on that one :lol:

okay no worries - its actually not a bad saw though, and you dont need to spend hundreds if you are just dipping your toe in the water.

(assuming you do want to spend hundreds I'd suggest either the axminster hegner clone which is about £280 , or the new excalibur range - circa 400 notes - also available from axminster )

your problem will be that quality scroll saws dont come up second hand very often because people tend to keep them when they buy another (gill for example had six at last count)

Back