Push-to-Open catch with blum hinges

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

como

Established Member
Reaction score
Could anyone help with me a little dilema.
I bought some basic blum hinges http://www.ironmongerydirect.co.uk/Products/Hinges/Cabinet_Hinges/10890/Blum_Basic_Hinges/# for use on some inset cabinet doors. I was hoping to use some 'Push to Open' catches on the doors as the customer doesn't want handles.
Does anyone know if these type of hinges will be ok with push to open catches, the thing that's bothering me is that the hinges have a spring to pull the door closed. Will the catch have enough strength to pop the door open?

If not could you recommend a hinge that would be better for this situation.

Thanks in advance
Mark

You really want unsprung hinges but it is possible to take the spring out of standard blums. Blum also do their own sprung magnetic catches called "tip-on"

Alternatively you can get push to open consealed hinges by Hettech, try here, they do inset, overlap and full overlay

Jason

Thanks for the link and the quick response Jason.

They look perfect, I'll get some ordered.

How spooky.... I was in southampton for the first time in AGES.... and I went into a shop with these hinges in some units... I was not mad on them as they seem pretty big - well the ones that are mounted on a carcasses... They also had the bluemotion electric closing doors... Now they ARE cool...

Back