Power and hand tools for sale - Spokeshave added

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Blister, I think the issue here is of hypocrisy and lying. Tony claimed that this wasn't the same plane that he purchased of a forum member, and Karl provided evidence that it probably was. Secondly, Karl highlighted the hypocrisy of Tony's post in his own thread.

Thirdly, Tony doesn't help matters with a snide comment and abusive PM's.

On this one, I have to say discussion is warranted.

Completely agree with BB here. I was interested as well as am looking for a jointer plane, but what to me - at least - seems to sour this transaction is that one mans graciousness, good will etc has been profiteered on. Now yes this happens all the time. When I want to make a profit I take my item to ebay - it is amazing that people on ebay will pay ridiculous amounts for any old tat - err including myself :) . However if I am feeling philanthropic then would sell on here. Not to say that you don't get a good price on here from what I see, as you know that tools are looked after, but I think the gripe is to do with profiteering so overtly. My solution - actually this thread seems to have handled it nicely, the buyer was informed and made thier judgement and I assume both are happy as were in receipt of the facts. The original owner may simply never be so generous again, and that is our loss. Sorry if I rake the whole subject up again, but did want to point out its not just the same old forum members who see just a modicum of an issue.

Nice day again though!

I was totally against what happened in Blisters recent threads. That was totally out of order, he didn't deserve the abuse he got.

But Tony has acted very underhand and snidey here and to then chuck personal insults via PM is just wrong. He's done it before. I've been on the receiving end of Tony's dark personality. He should not be a mod and should not even be allowed here. He uses it and it's members. Whenever he posts it's always looking down on the forum generally as if we are a bunch of inbred yokels and he is above us. As a long standing member and mod, he should not be allowed to get away with such shocking behaviour IMHO.

Blister on the other hand acted totally within the forum rules and was completely open about his dealings. In my eyes there is a difference between the two situations.

wizer":xedmat6m said:
He should not be a mod and should not even be allowed here.

this is what i was alluding to above (tho i didnt mean tom specifically) the issue here for some people seems to be not so much about the actions but the person involved.

I have no particular breif for tony, but nor do i have any greivance with him, and I would certainly say that none of us , apart from the other mods and charley, has a right to decide who is or isnt welcome here - there are members that i dont like , and there are doubtless those that dont like me , but its not up to any of us to make that type of decision. If anyone has a problem with tonys general conduct wouldnt it be more productive to take it up with philly or noel, or chris, or dave rather than slagging him down on open forum.

On the issue of the sale concerned I agree with blisters points , there's nothing in the forum rules that says you cant buy from one member and then sell at a profit to another (tho as i said above its not something i'd be comfortable doing myself) - and its still true imo that whoever bought the plane got a good deal compared to the axminster price, and indeed compared to the price point established by similar sales on ebay.

It would be enlightening to hear from whoever actually bought the plane - do you feel ripped off and agreived ? or do you feel that you got a good deal ? 99% of the trouble of late can be traced to people who are intent on feeling agreived on behalf of someonelse (to whit the irish jokes thread for example), so perhaps we could hear from the horses mouth on this one and put the whole thing to bed ?

Blister":24h3432h said:
. . . Cant see anyone making adverse comments to jimi43 who just purchased some old amps from a boot sale and will probably sell the on for a prophet . . .

For a profit or to a prophet ?

:roll: :lol:

Steve

big soft moose":2y6h6q58 said:
. . .It would be enlightening to hear from whoever actually bought the plane - do you feel ripped off and agreived ?

Maybe in a moment of absent-mindedness Philly bought it!

promhandicam":6n5tn5qp said:
big soft moose":6n5tn5qp said:
. . .It would be enlightening to hear from whoever actually bought the plane - do you feel ripped off and agreived ?

Maybe in a moment of absent-mindedness Philly bought it!

and sold it to me for a Century.

Anyone wanna buy a Plane?

£200.00 ONO

N.B. I'm not a dealer, I hate Card Games.

ByronBlack":1wcn7hg1 said:
Blister, I think the issue here is of hypocrisy and lying. Tony claimed that this wasn't the same plane that he purchased of a forum member, and Karl provided evidence that it probably was. Secondly, Karl highlighted the hypocrisy of Tony's post in his own thread.

Thirdly, Tony doesn't help matters with a snide comment and abusive PM's.

On this one, I have to say discussion is warranted.

Hi BB

Thanks for the reply

OK , it may not be the same plane , they did make more than one of them ( I have 2 No7s , The one I got from you and a standard one ) so , proceed with caution ?!

As I have said before its a Fore Sale thread , If you are interested in buying it then fair enough ask some relevant questions , like how old is it , what condition is it in , how much blade length is left , How much would it be to post it , Can I collect in person , could I meet you half way , do you ever go past ???? , All relevant questions :lol:

If forum members DON'T LIKE FOR SALE THREADS ,
Then don't read them

If Forum members have a perfect workshop and need for nothing , Then Don't read them

If forum members are against for sale items on the forum , then buy new from a Dealer / Shop / Ebay

What I still cant understand is , why do forum members who have no intention of buying the said item get involved :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?

:-k

Tony , if you are reading this ( My Thoughts ) you did comment on the price of Karl's plane , saying it was priced to high , This was not a relevant question ( In my view ) re buying the item , condition of the item , postage cost etc so was not a relevant comment in a for sale item .

As a believer in a free market, I see nothing wrong with any item being advertised for sale at whatever price the vendor chooses. The provenance of the item is irrelevant, and the final price freely agreed between vendor and purchaser. There is nothing wrong with making a profit, so long as both parties are happy with the transaction.

What I find totally outrageous however, is when a moderator sends abusive and insulting messages to a member who has done nothing more than light-heartedly point out that moderator's somewhat disingenuous response to a perfectly reasonable question.

I was working with Karl yesterday and know the full details of Tony's PM to him. It shows him to be totally unsuitable to be a moderator of this or any other forum. It is not the first time that this unsuitability has been displayed.

Like Doctor/Senior, I have no personal history with Tony.

Brad

Blister":nfgekojg said:
. . .What I still cant understand is , why do forum members who have no intention of buying the said item get involved . . .

Because as has been pointed out on numerous occasions this is an internet forum, which is commonly defined as an online discussion site.

As far as I am aware, according to the forum rules, the only topics that members are not permitted to discuss are illegal activities (rule 4), politics (rule 6), locked threads (rule 7), disciplinary action being taken against a member (rule 11) and moderators decisions (rule 11). When you have a moment, you might like to remind yourself of the rules - I was thinking particularly this section:
Any individual who feels aggrieved by the actions of a moderator should pursue the matter privately with that moderator.

Blister":nfgekojg said:
. . .Tony , if you are reading this ( My Thoughts ) . . .

:wink:

Blister, the thing is, I was interested in the plane, and offered what i thought was a fair price (£10 more than what he paid Philly), I was then responded too with a childish and sarcastic comment, so in this instance, I feel it is Tony that has opened this thread to discussion through his behaviour, which makes it different to your threads as you have never been abusive or dismissive to others as far as I could tell

ByronBlack":11ywmg77 said:
Blister, the thing is, I was interested in the plane, and offered what i thought was a fair price (£10 more than what he paid Philly), I was then responded too with a childish and sarcastic comment, so in this instance, I feel it is Tony that has opened this thread to discussion through his behaviour, which makes it different to your threads as you have never been abusive or dismissive to others as far as I could tell

Are you after a No 7 ?

ByronBlack":4s6kfqyr said:
. . . I was interested in the plane, and offered what Ithought was a fair price . . . I was then responded too with a childish and sarcastic comment . . .

From rule 2:
We intend to maintain a friendly forum where members respect each other regardless of skill level, opinions, or personal feelings. That means no name calling, sneering, impugning a person's integrity, or openly trashing a person's reputation online.

Quick someone - call a moderator! :roll:

Blister":ff1n1dt4 said:
ByronBlack":ff1n1dt4 said:

Are you after a No 7 ?

Yeah, I'll probably be getting the QS No.6 at the end of the month, or I may wait to get an LV, haven't quite decided yet.

Does sound like a certain individual is not being a very nice chappy. Not much we can do as it's poacher and gamekeeper, however, I'm sure this eventually knocks onto not being very welcome in other's workshops and so on, a sort of justice does eventually happen in the world, you just have to be a bit patient

Aidan

TheTiddles":3pqk2zsg said:
Does sound like a certain individual is not being a very nice chappy. Not much we can do as it's poacher and gamekeeper, however, I'm sure this eventually knocks onto not being very welcome in other's workshops and so on, a sort of justice does eventually happen in the world, you just have to be a bit patient

Aidan

If i were in karls shoes i'd forward the offending pm to philly or noel and let them sort it out - just like we would if the pm was from a normal member.

then its gamekeeper vs gamekeeper - shotguns at dawn, sh*tfight at the ukw coral etc

Back