Power and hand tools for sale - Spokeshave added

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It says the plane is sold now - who bought it? I hope they didn't get ripped off... :?

Tony":1ck91poc said:
Karl":1ck91poc said:
It is the one that Axminster sell for £265.

You sure about that Tony:

Karl

Sure? Yes I am able to navigate to websites, read and everything.

Axminster currently sell this plane for £265, a saving of £75 for anyone interested in one - and this plane is in mint condition.

Best of luck - this is perrenial problem, once you have paid out a pile of dosh and try to sell it on, your valuation is usually higher than the buyer's estimation of a 'great deal'

OPJ":2j19w413 said:
It says the plane is sold now - who bought it? I hope they didn't get ripped off... :?

to be fair to tony i dont think you can call 75 quid less than the new price a rip off , regardless of whether he's selling it for more than he paid philly for it ).

and if this was ebay no one would be any the wiser and the buyer would still be thinking that they got a good deal, and no one would have cheesed on their chips

That said as this isnt ebay making a profit out of your forum colleagues does seem a bit antiethical so i can see karls point too.

big soft moose":26kvstg7 said:
to be fair to tony i dont think you can call 75 quid less than the new price a rip off , regardless of whether he's selling it for more than he paid philly for it ).

and if this was ebay no one would be any the wiser and the buyer would still be thinking that they got a good deal, and no one would have cheesed on their chips

That said as this isnt ebay making a profit out of your forum colleagues does seem a bit antiethical so i can see karls point too.

You'll get splinters in you're buttocks off that fence

I agree actually Pete. There's nothing wrong with Tony charging whatever he likes for this plane. The price he is charging is not a rip off. But to take advantage of this free outlet to sell his wares knowing that he sourced it from the same place for much cheaper, is a little snakey. He could at least have been honest and said he did get it at that price but wants to earn a profit. That's his prerogative, but he should do it on eBay if he doesn't want to be pulled up on it.

Doctor":381m4goz said:
big soft moose":381m4goz said:

You'll get splinters in you're **** off that fence

Fair point

to be a bit more definitive in my view the price he got it for is irrelevant to it's "value" and whoever bought it still got a decent deal compared with the new price at axminster/workshop heaven or whatever.

Im personally prefer to pass on whatever low pricer i paid for stuff to my freinds and dont sell stuff on at a profit on ukw but what tony does is up to him, and it certainly isnt anyone elses buisness (except for the buyer whoever they are and perhaps philly and doubtless they are both grown up enough to take care of their own interests)

I also cant help wondering whether the fact that certain members being so agreived on the buyers behalf has less to do with the sale, and more to do with the fact that its tony who is making the profit here - rather than someone with whom they have a more positive history.

Tony":2yazbdsw said:
ByronBlack":2yazbdsw said:
I'll up the bidding of the jointer to £110 inc postage.

A career in comedy clearly awaits you.

When there is a response to a legitimate offer with a child-like snidey comment, is it any wonder that there will be friction?

Not guilty- I don't think I have any history with Tony, either as Doctor or Senior.

I agree with you Moosey, if the buyer is happy then they got a bargain, just wondered what made Tony do the U turn on pricing after his advice to Karl.

Doctor":3plxd3oq said:
Not guilty- I don't think I have any history with Tony, either as Doctor or Senior.

I agree with you Moosey, if the buyer is happy then they got a bargain, just wondered what made Tony do the U turn on pricing after his advice to Karl.

Probably 'cos the boot was on the other foot, Doc. Seller not a buyer.

I made the point about the plane 'cos I dont think it is right for a UKW member (ESPECIALLY a mod) to buy an item off another member, then later on try to sell it at a profit on the forum. It is shameful.

Apparently this makes me a "vindictive and nasty ." as Tony advised me by PM. :roll:

Cheers

Karl

I'm starting to see perhaps why Charley et al do not want a For sale section here.
It seems that such ads bring out the worst behavior in just a few people.

Bob :roll:

Karl":dgpoeawg said:
Doctor":dgpoeawg said:

I made the point about the plane 'cos I dont think it is right for a UKW member (ESPECIALLY a mod) to buy an item off another member, then later on try to sell it at a profit on the forum. It is shameful.

Apparently this makes me a "vindictive and nasty ." as Tony advised me by PM. :roll:

Cheers

Karl

*Waits for Moose to tell us what we should think about this...

Karl":tvxt5dtv said:
Doctor":tvxt5dtv said:

Cheers

Karl

IMO its a matter for personal choice, its not something I would do , nor does it sound as though you would , but if tony's principals differ from mine or yours then that is his perogative, and shameful may be a little harsh and judgemental

however I do think the "vindictive and nasty ." comment is out of order as I've not seen anything to suggest that your comments were motivated by malice towards tony.

Mattty":8czy3qen said:
Karl":8czy3qen said:
Doctor":8czy3qen said:

Cheers

Karl

*Waits for Moose to tell us what we should think about this...

you can think what you like matty - or you could wait for your mates to tell you what to think.

big soft moose":1ofk976g said:
shameful may be a little harsh and judgemental

Perhaps. I was trying to convey that I think it's out of order. Others may disagree.

Cheers

Karl

I wouldn't be all that chuffed if I bought something and found out the seller had made a large profit out of me but, then again I wouldn't consider I had been 'Ripped Off' either, stung maybe. It's up to me to do my homework and make a decision on whether I want to pay the asking price.

Can't help feeling there is a teeny weeny degree of Hypocrisy here. Defend A for doing it, criticise B for doing what, position aside, amounts to the same thing.

Edit.
Having now read the other post I can see how Karl is somewhat er... 'miffed'.

Once again , What should have been a straight forward For Sale thread Has turned into a debate :roll:

If I was about to buy said item for £265 , and then found what I was looking for advertised for £200 in as new condition , I would snap it up and be delighted I saved £65

The same forum members have piped up in disapproval :?

A dedicated FOR SALE section will sort all this out , with some basic rules as on most other web sites

Gents , MONEY makes the world go around , Cant see anyone making adverse comments to jimi43 who just purchased some old amps from a boot sale and will probably sell the on for a prophet , Good luck to him , He was in the rite place at the rite time paid his money .

A large proportion of forum members have not meet each other , so other than WWW land we are all strangers , some contribute to the forum by posting topics with photos , I have looked on the forum and cant see anything saying you cant sell something for more than you paid for it regardless of who /where /what was paid for the item

The plane in question ( Not that is should be in question ) was sold by the seller , purchased by the buyer , then due to a upgrade ( Correct me if I am wrong here ) sold on again , and the person who purchased it must have been happy or would NOT have purchased the item

Again I FAIL to see who has done anything wrong

:?

Tony , Thanks for offering this to forum members , and If I didn't already have a tuned N07 may have been up for this myself :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Blister":1fkgkl5f said:
Once again , What should have been a straight forward For Sale thread Has turned into a debate

So what? This is a Forum, it is not ebay, discussion is its prime function.

The same forum members have piped up in disapproval :?

Rubbish. The same Forum members may have commented but that is not what you have said is it?

A dedicated FOR SALE section will sort all this out , with some basic rules as on most other web sites

No it wouldn't unless by 'some basic rules' you mean For Sale threads are locked once posted. Something you seem to want because it suits you.

Again I FAIL to see who has done anything wrong

So it's OK for you to give your opinion yet you seek to deny others the same right?

Back