posting wood to australia?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
well i have had a reply from my enquiry to their customs depeartment which says:

Hi,

The Australian Customs and Border Protection Service does not generally regulate the importation or exportation of animals, plants and food into or out of Australia
Contact details
Phone: 1800 020 504
E-mail: [email protected]
Regards,

Miranda Bemand

Make of that what you will..

Because customs and border do not deal with such matters, something like agriculture and forestry deal at immigration points I recall.

Hi,
Take a look at the website quoted and then check the Items that can't be taken (posted as well I guess). The list mentions wood but only with bark orb infestation (look under 'Plants').
I wouldn't worry so long as the timber is sound.
Hope it helps.
Bob H.

hawkinob":1jbvlcei said:
Hi,
Take a look at the website quoted and then check the Items that can't be taken (posted as well I guess). The list mentions wood but only with bark orb infestation (look under 'Plants').
I wouldn't worry so long as the timber is sound.
Hope it helps.
Bob H.

Thanks Bob, i have emailed DAFF to see if it will be ok..

stevebuk":3g5tqkws said:
This is one thing they have asked for..

I would think that you'll be fine sending the like of what of what you posted as an example..... Just declare them as "Manufactured wooden items" or suchlike.

AQIS (Australian Quarantine and Inspection Services) are the lot that police "biosecurity" type matters, and they are particularly interested in living things and/or seed.... so if the manufactured item does not contain bark or show signs of the presence of insects, they would have no objections.

Latest posts

Back