Post a photo of the last thing you made

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Finally got around to making a spice rack that actually accommodates all my
spices[
ATTACH=full]166481[/ATTACH]

Attachments

• 20230917_180949.jpg
    20230917_180949.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 3
Last edited:
Still got some clean up on the legs but my Rob Cosman bench is mostly done.

Next I want to add a tool tray to it.

Been pretty fun to build. The hardest part was ripping the sheets of plywood into strips.

View attachment 166483
Nice bench. The vice hardware is something I have not seen before. Did you make it?
Regards
John

Nice bench. The vice hardware is something I have not seen before. Did you make it?
Regards
John
Thanks, nah the vice is a Sjoberg Adjustable Vise, it's meant to be anti racking, which was a big issue with my old one.
Not had chance to test it out yet, but seems pretty solid and fairly easy to install too.

Yeah it wasn't cheap, but thought for the amount of use it'll get might as well try a nice one.

My old one was a Axminster Professional Plain Screw Vice, which I might try and mount as a face vice if I feel like I need one.
It's not a bad vice and I do think some of my issues with it were due to user error.

Been on the go for a while, but just got it to the presentable stage.

Other than a few lengths of CLS and a sheet of 9mm ply it is entirely made from reclaimed materials. Granite worktop from ebay, reclaimed fascia for the battoning, sheet metal shelving from the old office used for the sidings.

I will be building a pizza oven on top of the log store over winter (probably).

Pretty happy with it so far, needs a little cosmetic work but it's getting there.

IMG_20230917_115616.jpg

Not woodworking but there is a little bit of wood included. At work I decided to install new hand towel and soap dispensers in the classroom, ordered them and they arrived during the holidays then when I went to I stall them I realised the classroom sinks are all overlooked by windows so no wall space to mount them to so in between carrying out my daily/weekly/monthly compliance checks and responding to stupid requests from teachers I've managed to put 10 freestanding boards together to mount both dispensers to, mostly made from some acrylic desk dividers that have been left unattended for too long 🤪 to join the back and the sides I've used a length of 2x1 from some old coat rack and benches we removed from the corridors a few years ago, not 100% sure what it isbut its fairly soft and slightly oily texture to the sawdust. The stand in the photo is a spare I'm keeping in the boiler room for myself or to replace one when the little loves break one.
20230919_114606.jpg20230919_114558.jpg20230919_114552.jpg

More kumiko …

I’ve gone back to square kumiko patterns for this project. I wanted to have a go at the ‘kiri’ pattern Desmond King uses in a panel in his second book, Beyond the Basics. The pattern does look more impressive with more repetitions in a larger screen but I managed to get the detail into a panel measuring 252mm x 142mm x 12mm.

The kumiko strips are 12mm x 2.2mm cut from a board of lime and the frame is beech. I splashed out on some lovely Tenjin Paper from GreatArt in London.

The overall measurements of the table lamp are 320mm x 170mm x 170mm.

Kumiko Lamp 2-01_small.jpg

Attachments

• Kumiko Lamp 2-04_smal.jpg
    Kumiko Lamp 2-04_smal.jpg
    408.2 KB · Views: 0
  • Kumiko Lamp 2-05_smal.jpg
    Kumiko Lamp 2-05_smal.jpg
    349.8 KB · Views: 0
  • Kumiko Lamp 2-03_smal.jpg
    Kumiko Lamp 2-03_smal.jpg
    343.9 KB · Views: 0
  • Kumiko Lamp 2-02_smal.jpg
    Kumiko Lamp 2-02_smal.jpg
    343.2 KB · Views: 0
  • Kumiko Lamp 2-01_small.jpg
    Kumiko Lamp 2-01_small.jpg
    383.7 KB · Views: 0
Got give a post not pine but poplar I believe, it was in bad way with nail holes loads and load of hammer marks. So I decided to take a day to test myself and the lathe on how long a turning we could in a day and the result was 77cm long square to round then 5 pots of various designs which got donated to the missus's garden shed for her to use
20230912_120314.jpg
20230913_162617.jpg

More kumiko …

I’ve gone back to square kumiko patterns for this project. I wanted to have a go at the ‘kiri’ pattern Desmond King uses in a panel in his second book, Beyond the Basics. The pattern does look more impressive with more repetitions in a larger screen but I managed to get the detail into a panel measuring 252mm x 142mm x 12mm.

The kumiko strips are 12mm x 2.2mm cut from a board of lime and the frame is beech. I splashed out on some lovely Tenjin Paper from GreatArt in London.

View attachment 166627
Nice

1695310619752.jpeg

Customer visited me in the barn workshop to discuss the 2 metre long, 90cm high (counter height ) OAK table she wanted, saw this bookmarked sequoia and fell in love with it! 2 coats of Osmo polyX and 2 days of sanding. There were a couple of small holes, but as I had to cut about 50mm off the length I made my own dowels from the waste wood and filled them.
Customer was so happy, she nearly cried!
Legs were what she wanted, from the hairpin leg co.

More kumiko …

View attachment 166627
Wow stunning 😍

View attachment 166684
Customer visited me in the barn workshop to discuss the 2 metre long, 90cm high (counter height ) OAK table she wanted, saw this bookmarked sequoia and fell in love with it! 2 coats of Osmo polyX and 2 days of sanding. There were a couple of small holes, but as I had to cut about 50mm off the length I made my own dowels from the waste wood and filled them.
Customer was so happy, she nearly cried!
Legs were what she wanted, from the hairpin leg co.
Is it braced underneath?

A couple of roll boards for Systainers.

This started out as knocking up a couple of quick/cheap roll boards and by the time I finished I would have been better off just buying the proper Festool ones!

Got the mounting kits from Strawbyte Workshop, work really well. I sunk them in a few mill as I felt it would make a better job, I just drew around them then free handed with the router.

sys roll 1.jpg

sys roll 2.jpg

I find this is a really handy set up on jobs, having a little bench to work on and most used fixings in the drawers.

sys roll 3.jpg

Latest posts

Back