Post a photo of the last thing you made

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ever wake up with the feeling of De ja vu? I did today and couldn't shake it all morning at work so when I finished work at 11 I figured I may as well go out to the makerspace and make some more bud vases, 4 more hazel and one oak
View attachment 157399View attachment 157400View attachment 157401View attachment 157402View attachment 157403View attachment 157404View attachment 157405View attachment 157406View attachment 157407View attachment 157408
beautiful

Well, the last thing I took apart.....

William Kent pediment re-styling Pt.1

IMG_1491.JPG

Love the photos, do you get "the gilding gig" for the lower ( below the ceiling / wall "frieze" ..forgotten the English term ..Aaaaargh ) moldings / carvings ,on the fireplace etc or are they leaving them "as is" ?

Well, as long as the check clears, or the notes add up, and are genuine. Architects eh.

Bear in mind before any quotes, the price of gold is going north on an almost daily basis at the moment.

Last edited:
Saw an article in a magazine about making a mini workbench that sits on top of your existing workbench to raise the work up closer to you.
Thought it would be a fun project and give me a chance to try working with some Ash before using it on my next project.
Few mistakes here and there but overall really happy with it.
I forgot to add a cut out in the front legs for the clamps, but actually turned out to be a good thing, as I'm using it on my mft top I can clamp it from the sides as opposed to from the front, so cut out isn't needed.
Finished with paste wax, not sure if this was the best finish to use but it's quick and easy to apply ha.

Attachments

• IMG_20230417_203852.jpg
    IMG_20230417_203852.jpg
    5.8 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_20230417_203859.jpg
    IMG_20230417_203859.jpg
    5.1 MB · Views: 0
Saw an article in a magazine about making a mini workbench that sits on top of your existing workbench to raise the work up closer to you.
Thought it would be a fun project and give me a chance to try working with some Ash before using it on my next project.
Few mistakes here and there but overall really happy with it.
I forgot to add a cut out in the front legs for the clamps, but actually turned out to be a good thing, as I'm using it on my mft top I can clamp it from the sides as opposed to from the front, so cut out isn't needed.
Finished with paste wax, not sure if this was the best finish to use but it's quick and easy to apply ha.

Lovely!
Just needs a moxon vice for dovetails!

I actually made one not long ago, although I need to redo the knobs as they are not comfortable to use at all.
putting the bigger plywood circle on the outside of the smaller ones (glue them together if the big one is just a washer at the moment) would I expect make them much more user friendly.

Nice few evenings pottering in the workshop yielded this

D7A5C845-68A3-4252-A4BB-6636E82F9652.jpeg

Sycamore with walnut breadboard ends drawbored onto triple tenons.

Reminded me that accurate marking out and squaring up stock is easier than just working it out as you go along -as I did a lot of fettling to get the joints tight with the just get on with it approach

Back