Posh people

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I walked away from a directorship having watched another director die young, you can't take it with you.

Roy.

Every morning I wake up, I know I am a multi-millionaire. :D
regards,
Rich.

I am rich, I have you lot as friends, as for money, well I havent found anyone silly enough to give me their money yet.

The was a quote from a documentary on clowns last night which states: "I started from nothing and have most of it left"

I have to say that's quite a powerful insight into the tragedy AND victory of an individual's life.

Dan Tovey":1s5g6pnj said:
Genuinely posh people like your aristocracy don't seem to go in for all that $hite. I used to do a fair bit of business with a Marquis and Marchioness, and once you got used the Bertie Wooster stuff they were as good as gold. They've now inherited the Dukedom (Duchy?) and are in the top 50 or so richest people in the country.

No, the problems come with the 'nouveaux riches'. Usually only two generations or less from a council estate they tend to be a total pain in the pineapple! You are right to single out Posh & Becks as the ultimate example of this sub-species.
We've got thousands of them here in leafy Cheshire. When I started out in business I imagined that they would provide the most profitable work for me.
Forget it!!
The husbands tend to be ok, after all they've generally grafted for what they've achieved - its the wives who are the nightmare - usually the second or third version!
The nicest people to talk to and to do business with tend to live in bog-standard suburban semi's.
Cheers
Dan
Sorry about the non-PC generalisations - I challenge anyone to tell me it isn't true, though!

Dan, no need for apologies, it's so true. In a previous life I also did business with a lady & gent who were genuine aristocracy. They were polite, efficient, and once the deal was struck they kept to their part in every way.

The 'neavaux riche' on the other hand can be a nightmare and as it happens my problems were mostly with the wifes :(

You can't beat the good old middle class, semi owning, foreman / midle manager IMHO either.

I was sat here one day thinking I really should do something about having a nice posh name to match all theirs

Momo - you should try naming your abode FIR KEW HALL - bet that one hasn't been registered!! :wink:

Woody

So true Taff. At my last house the local kids on the block started swinging on my plastic down pipe from the gutters. After replacing it for the second time I had a word with their mums.
'Not mine', they all insisted so I told them in that case they could not object if I took my own action.
I smeared the back of the pipe with micrometer blue.
And blue was the colour of the air when they got home!

Roy.

woody67":5bfwy27f said:
I was sat here one day thinking I really should do something about having a nice posh name to match all theirs

Momo - you should try naming your abode FIR KEW HALL - bet that one hasn't been registered!! :wink:

Woody

Or maybe 'Far Canal Cottage' ?

I think Momo should be awarded the ALF HUCKETT cup for his inspiration.
Rich.

Latest posts

Back