Playing Chicken

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dalboy

Established Member
Reaction score
I don't get to do as much work on the scroll saw as much as I would like as I tend to spend a lot of time preparing turning work for the woodturning club competition.

Anyway one of the family likes Chickens so this was made for her as a present.

The chicken is Beech which I was going to stain with different colours but I liked the look of it as it was and I did orientate the grain in different directions. The backing board is MDF which I stained black to highlight the old bird

C & C welcome

DSCF6960_zpswgn9v3mr.jpg

She will no doubt be Cock-a Hoop with that as you should be, help yourself to another draught; another one of your attributes gets exposure.
How come you have more hours in the day than the rest of us?

Nice looking piece. I have not tried intarsia yet and this looks like a good place to start. Please post some photos if and when you stain it, although it looks great natural.

Thank you all for the comments.

CHJ":21a5vhk8 said:
She will no doubt be Cock-a Hoop with that as you should be, help yourself to another draught; another one of your attributes gets exposure.
How come you have more hours in the day than the rest of us?

I just enjoy all forms of woodworking. I am in and out of the shed all day the wife did suggest putting a portaloo and bed out there as well :roll:

donwatson":21a5vhk8 said:
Very well done Derek. It would look nice coloured as well, I think.

Like I said Don I just liked the look of it unpainted maybe the next one I will colour or use different coloured woods now that I am getting a good selection.

Dalboy":1w58j1rt said:
I just enjoy all forms of woodworking. I am in and out of the shed all day the wife did suggest putting a portaloo and bed out there as well :roll:
Have heard those mutterings myself, fortunately my shop does not have room, did try countering that the front dinning room that has less than optimum use had double the space and machines and bed would fit in there.
Amazing how a cold front can suddenly arrive mid summer.

Dalboy":1v7562a6 said:
... the wife did suggest putting a portaloo and bed out there as well.

At least she's keeping the kettle and teabags where she can still get to them. :-D

Back