Planer Thicknesser for Sale

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Corset

Established Member
Reaction score
For sale my sedgwick planer thicknesser. Its the Pt model and in a pleasant green colour. Its not new but is in good working order. When I bought the planer it was on a standard three pin 240v plug but I have changed it to a commando style one.
It comes with 12 replaceable double sided blades in HSS and a carrier and three standard knive sets which all need a sharpen. See my other post
There is a small knick on the infeed table where a blade loosened itself in use. This does not affect use.
Old School cast iron construction on good quality castors.
Homemade dust hood.
£550.00 I am based in Nottingham
I am selling because I had a moment of ebayt madness and bought a MOretens h410. Someone may be interested as an alternative to a new planer of lower quality. If not its on to ebay
DSC01304.jpg

DSC01306.jpg

DSC01308.jpg

DSC01307.jpg

I can think of a couple of questions that may be on the minds of others...

What are the capacities (12"x9"?) and do you need to raise the surfacing tables for thicknessing?

Capacity is 255mm planer width by 180mm. The spec is on the axminster site. I think in old measurements that is 10x6inch
You do not need to lift the tables as it is an under and over planer so you just wind down the bed to fit the dust extractor hood If you are planing and the opposite when thicknessing.
Owen

As others have said, tempting prospect. But I'm sure my Jet will be a keeper once fettled ;)

Oh damn, a few weeks too early for me! :( Can't possibly get authorisation at this point given my contract is ending in 8 days but would have been fairly easy when I have the next one in the bag :( :x

Ah well, good luck with it :)

Miles

miles_hot":17yt2n3j said:
Oh damn, a few weeks too early for me! :( Can't possibly get authorisation at this point given my contract is ending in 8 days but would have been fairly easy when I have the next one in the bag :( :x

Miles

If you want to buy it mate, i can hide it for you for a couple of weeks so the "management" dont see it until you are contracted ;) :D

big soft moose":3t3ahj3c said:
miles_hot":3t3ahj3c said:

Miles

If you want to buy it mate, i can hide it for you for a couple of weeks so the "management" dont see it until you are contracted ;) :D

Yeah right - there's some risks in life that you just say "hang it, just go for it" and there's others....

:)

Miles

RogerS":jxiiala4 said:
Miles...go for it. You'll only live to regret it.

Oh. don't get me wrong - I want to but with no money coming into the house in 7 days time this would be a daft time to spend significant chunks of money (coming so soon after buying the wood for the fish tank and raise beds etc). Hate the timing :evil: but until I have job and hence cash coming in it's impossible.

Miles

miles_hot":2rnzyruk said:
RogerS":2rnzyruk said:
Miles...go for it. You'll only live to regret it.

Oh. don't get me wrong - I want to but with no money coming into the house in 7 days time this would be a daft time to spend significant chunks of money (coming so soon after buying the wood for the fish tank and raise beds etc). Hate the timing :evil: but until I have job and hence cash coming in it's impossible.

Miles

can see the logic there mate - if i had the money and the space in ther'shop i'd buy it , but i'm in similar straits (a secure job but not enough money).

anyway neither of us really needs it - you can get by with a 733 and a plane ;)

The eagle has landed in your PM box Owen.

That's one huge chunk of iron to speed me down the slope.
All though of course my wallet is lighter which should help slow things down.

I've read RodgerS posting about carriage. Sounds like PalletForce are good. And Shiply worth a punt too.

Sorry forgot to edit this. It is currently held for collection in a couple of weeks time if it passes inspection of the buyer. If not I will bump it the one time you are allowed.

Back