Planer Thicknesser - Griggio FS530

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sorry to be late to the party. I have the same machine and I can confirm you should have a sprocket rather than that idler wheel. The chain passes on the right hand side of that sprocket to tension it. It's a bit tricky to get photos but I've done what I can - one photo from the top and a few more taken from close up. The sprocket is approximately 6 cm in diameter and has about 20 teeth.

It's a great machine. I find with mine that the outfeed bed goes out of whack when I change back from thicknessing to surfacing and I have to check and adjust it each time - that's a bit of a pain, but it only takes a couple of minutes. I can't see what the problem is - I'd be interested to know if yours does the same.

Cheers
John
IMG_0501.jpeg
IMG_0505.jpeg
IMG_0506.jpeg

IMG_0496 (1).jpeg

Sorry to be late to the party. I have the same machine and I can confirm you should have a sprocket rather than that idler wheel. The chain passes on the right hand side of that sprocket to tension it. It's a bit tricky to get photos but I've done what I can - one photo from the top and a few more taken from close up. The sprocket is approximately 6 cm in diameter and has about 20 teeth.

It's a great machine. I find with mine that the outfeed bed goes out of whack when I change back from thicknessing to surfacing and I have to check and adjust it each time - that's a bit of a pain, but it only takes a couple of minutes. I can't see what the problem is - I'd be interested to know if yours does the same.

Cheers
John
Hi John, thanks a lot for these pictures it’s great to see another one and confirm that it’s a sprocket that should be there. I have a smaller sprocket attached at the top of mine beside the infeed roller sprocket starting to think it is been modified and this sprocket is actually the one that should be below as per yours. (See pic) As for the outfeed bed I haven’t actually got ours going to use the thicknesser as of yet but hopefully once running I will make sure and let you know if mines similar.

Thanks

Matthew

Attachments

• 1E9B7634-252F-4796-BC0B-42AFA28D8696.jpeg
    1E9B7634-252F-4796-BC0B-42AFA28D8696.jpeg
    555 KB · Views: 0
Hi Matthew

The smaller sprocket at the top is meant to be there as well - see my photo. From what I can see from your pictures, yours just needs that lower sprocket reinstating.

Cheers
John

IMG_0495.jpeg

Latest posts

Back