Pivot Hinge Help...

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

goldeneyedmonkey

Established Member
Reaction score
Hello folks,

I need a hinge similar to this one, or one that does the same job, but ideally in metal as opposed to Nylon.
http://www.icarusmodels.com/index.php?m ... cts_id=594

Basically I'm making a little balance bike for my daughter for Christmas (I'll post an an image if it's more help) and I'm getting brain-ache with the best way to attach the 'forks' to the 'frame' so that they pivot enough to turn the bike. I was going to make it out of wood, but I feel that it would end up fairly chunky compared to the size of the overall bike.

I've looked at the above hinge as it's simply drilling 2 holes that are on mating surfaces and then gluing into position. Everything else seems a ball-ache to install compared to this idea. But the ones linked to above are destined for model aircraft and probably a bit weak.

Any help is much appreciated.

Cheers all. _Dan :)

IMG_3849.jpg

IMG_3848.jpg

- Very basic mock-up to gauge the overall size (it need to be about 50% bigger seeing as I designed it a while ago!). I think I've sorted how it's going to work, I'm just going to have to rip down some of the pieces of birch ply then create a half depth recess on each mating surface of the split piece and then glue back together. I didn't want to go down this route as my bandsaw has packed up @ the moment. And my hand-sawing's never been that accurate.

I'll be using something like this one from the 'Bay.

Cheers all ._Dan

Back