Pine Chest of Drawers - Finished

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Richard Findley":2l3xmwef said:
You really ought to send one of your WIPs to Nick at British Woodworking, I'm sure he could make an article out of this material!!

As if there's not enough of Olly in that mag :roll: :wink:

Thanks, Richard. :)

I didn't really try spraying the stain. It dries so quickly that I was concerned about coating some of the wider surfaces so, I wiped it on with a cloth. I did spray the plywood back panels and they went an incredibly dark colour! :shock: Might be something to consider for the future.

Actually, next time I do something like this, I will look to try a stain with a longer drying time. Possibly an oil or gel stain, which could possibly penetrate pine more evenly?

Oh and, don't worry, I regularly bombard Nick with things I've been up to (even items I've kept secret from the forum! :wink:). A couple of months ago, I sent him a seven-page essay on this table I made at college - trouble is, I think he's still reading it!! (Sorry Nick.) :D

OPJ":3vztyimf said:
Thanks, Pete.

Glad to hear that SWMBO likes it and I look forward to seeing those photos! :)

pictures will now be delayed until the weekend because despite us having tidied up for an hour and a half swimbo apparently needs time to "tidy propperly" before i take the pics :roll:

Latest posts

Back