Pig Sticker

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NiaSam

Reaction score
Help need to purchase a pig sticker - work in a can manufacturer and need a new one to open cans- think these are vintage any ideas where I can purchase from - can't have a wooden handle!

Are you referring the ww2 short bayonet? Or a chisel, never seen one without a wooden handle unless it had fallen off previously.

Adidat

Search ebay for 'mortice chisel'. Handle easy to remove in case of need.

An example.

Unless you mean the daggers from WOW, Diablo 3 or a self-adhesive picture of a pig :D

Hi all thank you for your messages, I have attached a photo to help - think it is also an old fashioned can opener

Attachments

• WP_20150330_06_07_10_Pro.jpg
    WP_20150330_06_07_10_Pro.jpg
    250.6 KB · Views: 1,275
Harbo":3rno9do6 said:
That is a can opener - search kitchen suppliers or car boots?

Wow - that is a really old design. I've seen them, but I've never seen one before without a wooden handle!

They're really good - for making deadly weapons from tin cans!

BugBear

Can I ask if this is for opening tins?

What sort of tins? I assume we're not talking baked beans!

Would one of the industrial kitchen tin openers do what you need? (I'll try and find a photo)

Thanks everyone, I would for a can product manufacturer we use the pig sticker to remove the lid to carry out a test called a tear down, we cannot use a can opener as this would damage the seal of the can which we are checking

Is the handle of the opener in your photo the original?

My suspicion is that someone re-handled an old opener with a plastic handle from a file or screwdriver (or something like that); it looks like it says "CK" on it as in

http://www.ck-tools.com/

BugBear

Back