Multitool advice

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ezarc blades did very well in nail tests I’ve seen.

I used a fein e cut carbide pro to do the same job as you recently. From that experience I’d say do the nails but do the screws a different way. The hardness of the screws I tried meant it took ages and started blunting the blade quickly (having sailed through nails)

Likewise. The ordinary Fein high speed steel blades handle nails quite happily but hit a hardened screw and you can quickly wear away sections of the teeth.
Hopefully the new blades with a one piece carbide strip of teeth will last better against hardened screws.

I know this is not answering your question, but when I sold a shed on FB marketplace 5 years ago, the guys that took it away used a reciprocating saw to good effect.
It was a cordless DeWalt, as it happens, but I expect any make would work, with a wood and metal blade.

Filament, sideways, thanks for input, I'll see if I can get the carbide edged blades.
John, I've got a recipe saw as well, but the shed is going to my mates niece and as my recip saw is a bit of a beast, I'm looking for a but more 'precision' to keep things neat as possible.

I know this is not answering your question, but when I sold a shed on FB marketplace 5 years ago, the guys that took it away used a reciprocating saw to good effect.
It was a cordless DeWalt, as it happens, but I expect any make would work, with a wood and metal blade.
I’ve done the same. I bought what they called “demolition blades” and the certainty lived up to their name.

Took a big shed down a couple of weeks ago. used my Makita recip saw with a metal cutting blade fitted to cut through all the nails, just jammed a wedge in between the studs to open them up enough to get the blade in took seconds to whip through them, with no damage, a lot quicker than a Fein multi tool, which as an option, I had with me, .

Latest posts

Back