Petty minded and pathetic.

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I do remember somewhere on a packet of peanuts " warning, this product contains nuts" must be hard world being in advertising. Still I suppose nobody got killed by showing the wrong cow. Everybody has a different view on this sort of thing #-o. I for one will just enjoy the sunshine while it lasts, and not worry to much about it.

david123":36mmqwg2 said:
I do remember somewhere on a packet of peanuts " warning, this product contains nuts" must be hard world being in advertising. Still I suppose nobody got killed by showing the wrong cow. Everybody has a different view on this sort of thing #-o. I for one will just enjoy the sunshine while it lasts, and not worry to much about it.

Of course you do realise that peanuts are a legume rather than a nut, and so the warning is perfectly valid. (hammer)

marcros":1n1qnmv2 said:
david123":1n1qnmv2 said:

Of course you do realise that peanuts are a legume rather than a nut, and so the warning is perfectly valid. (hammer)

Oh, well pedanted, Sir!

BugBear

Yes it definitely matters - if your supermarket doesn't know the difference between a dairy and a beef animal, maybe it also doesn't know the difference between beef and horsemeat in it's burgers - hang on a mo, they didn't did they?

Seriously, though, images used in advertising should be accurate - otherwise it merely shows off the ignorance of both the advertising company and their client and potentially spreads mis-information.

I hang my head in shame :oops: . You are of course right, I will In future call them Peabeans. Not quite the same ring about it.....mmmmm

But it's a bit like the folks who write in letters about the minor inaccuracies about props etc in TV series. That the Rover was a1935 model and should have been a 36?

Rod

Harbo":zsfvzuz8 said:
But it's a bit like the folks who write in letters about the minor inaccuracies about props etc in TV series. That the Rover was a1935 model and should have been a 36?

Rod

Or those who still say Jimmy Savile was a really nice guy....... :lol:

Harbo":3ob6r1ie said:

Rod

How minor is minor I wonder ? :roll: I happened to watch an old episode of ALL CREATURES GREAT AND SMALL yesterday where a GSD named Jack, and frequently referred to as HE and HIM was in actual fact a female. (hammer)

I think your all missing the point. The biggest outrage is that not all breeds of milk cow are equally represented, there is not a calf as well as a cow to show the age diversification in the population. I think it is equally wrong that only cows are represented, the humble bull should also be in the shot. Just because a bull cannot produce milk is no reason for him not to be represented, after all he plays a vital role in reproduction and can do everything else a cow can.

Outrageous flaunting of the discrimination laws if ever I saw one.

:roll:

The upshot of all this is that we should all acknowledge that Tesco is just a Product Delivery System. If you don't like it, there's always road kill, lamb rustling, trout tickling and scrumping. If you can tear yourself away from trying to suck on a heffer' s udders.

Back