Pet hates.

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
TrimTheKing":3v4ioarc said:
And if they are talking about the cleanliness state (which is what I suspect, but prefer to go with the first option), then if I walk in there and there is dung smothered all over the walls (which I would not expect to find), am I expected to clean this up? :shock:

Mark

and on the other hand in some areas you might well expect to find Sh*te all over the walls , so if there isnt any are they saying they want you to add some ???

my other favourite is the one you see on station platforms

" trains stop here" what ? really ? I never would have guessed

and dont lets even get started on the unecessary aprostrephes

Ive also seen that one rendered as " Train's stop here"

TrimTheKing":eufq6h3s said:
big soft moose":eufq6h3s said:
What's wrong with that? Train is stop here, makes perfect sense ;)

No no no, it's the Train's Stop i.e the stop belongs to the train. :roll: These people know nothing :wink:

wizer":29hg89yd said:
TrimTheKing":29hg89yd said:
big soft moose":29hg89yd said:
What's wrong with that? Train is stop here, makes perfect sense ;)

No no no, it's the Train's Stop i.e the stop belongs to the train. :roll: These people know nothing :wink:
LOL, silly me! It's this Inglish langwidge, it's just too hard to understand! ;)

Mark

Jenx":25ydabe8 said:
Apparently some train stations have ...
"Do not stand too close to the platform's edge, as there is a danger you could be sucked off"

yep they have those signs at milton kenes central - mind you if you've ever been there late at night.... ;) :D

I don't hear For Sure too much but am guilty of using 'At the end of the day' and 'Basically'. How very lower class of me.

It's not a pet hate but amuses me no end to hear the Business Boardroom speak like 'Blue Sky thinking', 'Mind Shower', etc

wizer":3cgafnzt said:
I don't hear For Sure too much but am guilty of using 'At the end of the day' and 'Basically'. How very lower class of me.

It's not a pet hate but amuses me no end to hear the Business Boardroom speak like 'Blue Sky thinking', 'Mind Shower', etc
Haha, I don't like to give time to hatred but I absolutely despise 'Management speak'.

'Let's run it up the flagpole and see who salutes it' is one of the worst I have heard. 'Putting it out there' is another.

Mark

wizer":1gv9wldo said:

yep - in a meeting the other day one of our guys requested that "horizon scanning" be added to the next agenda - as we dont make radar we found this a bit confusing :D - but apparently it is the new buzz speak for "taking stock of where we are and dealing with ongoing issues" :roll:

mind you i'm not totally inocent of this as since taking over my bosses role (shes on maternity leave) i have found phrases like "key" and "pivotal" & "stakeholder"slipping into my vocabulary - as in " its absolutely pivotal that all key stake holders are consulted" rather than just saying we need to talk to the people involved.

If i start talking about "thinking outside the box" , and "non linear progresion of the idea stream" , someone please whack me one.

Kettles/milk jugs/gravy boats etc that do not pour without dripping, bloody form before function :twisted:

newt":2lmmx5np said:
Kettles/milk jugs/gravy boats etc that do not pour without dripping, bloody form before function :twisted:
...Pete - and also SWIMBO' s that lob choccy biscuits into the trolly at Tesco's and disintigrate the first couple out the packet :lol: - Rob

TrimTheKing":13ebpsog said:
wizer":13ebpsog said:

Haha, I don't like to give time to hatred but I absolutely despise 'Management speak'.

'Let's run it up the flagpole and see who salutes it' is one of the worst I have heard. 'Putting it out there' is another.

Mark

Having been in sales for a long time, and taken lots of fairly sizeable orders... getting a half decent one from a great customer, who is a long standing mate anyway, for a 24" Hydraulically actuated Energy dissipation valve, in Stainless ( Hydro Power plant application ), was greeted by a new 'director' with him telling me to 'savour the moment'

Not including its 'cringeworthyness', I felt like hauling the syrupy pillock out into the car park and giving him a moment or two to 'savour' of his own. Clown. :evil: he can 'push the envelope' all he likes, cause I left and took most of the business with me ! ha ha .

Americanisms creeping in to our language, like how every television series has become a "season", just because the US DVD box sets tell you so!! :x

Football on ITV... :roll: When Andy Townsend and Robbie Earle are the best that you can come up with for "expert analysis", well, that says it all really! I'm no fan of Jamie Redknapp (at least he has "passion"!) but, I've been missing SkySports more than ever since the BBC lost the FA Cup. :( Don't get me started on the commentary... David Pleat has introduced players such as Zlatan Abramovich and Yossi Ben-nanoon (to name just two!) - and then, there's Clive Tyldsley's irritating pronunciation of "Nanny" (Nani)!! :evil:

A good way to irritate tail-gaters is to stay close the centre of the road so they can't overtake and drop five miles below the speed limit! I do it all the time! :D :wink:

There was a w****r in a green Mondeo the other day who came from two cars behind, cut right in front of me and slammed his brakes on, forcing me and the queue behind to brake sharply (not forgetting the hand gesture)! This was moving from a 30 in to a 40mph zone, although it didn't try the same stunt when he reached the queue of non-moving traffic, two-hundred yards over the hill! :D

People who can't navigate roundabouts properly also gets me. When the exit straight-ahead is slightly off-centre to the right, you're supposed to approach in the right-hand lane... :roll:

With dual-carriageways, I've always thought that the limit becomes 70mph only when there's a central reservation?

1. ppl with no regards to push bikes on the road (found solution speed up as there over taking lol they have to down shift then lol or drop back behind u :lol: )
2. windows vs mac vs linux im a nerd btw ppl have ot stop arguing
3.ppl that hit ppl and drive away been the victim twice (im onabout hit n run ppl )

Thought of another one this morning - people who slam doors! Why?! Why can't you pull the handle down and close it properly??? :D

I see the phrase FESS UP is being used is it short for confess and what does the phrase EARLY DOORS really mean. I assume it has nothing to do with doors. Geeerrrr :twisted: :twisted:

Back