Pay pal

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chippygeoff

Established Member
Reaction score
Some days ago an alert went out warning people to change their e-bay password, which I did, today I had an e-mail from pay pal saying there was a problem with my details and I assumed this may have been something to do with changing my e-bay password. Anyway. I was a bit suspicius about the e-mail from pay pal, especially as it had gone to my junk mail box. There was a message telling me to click on the link below to fill in all my details. I clicked on the link and it wanted all my details including all my bank and debit card details. I knew then that it was a scam so just beware out there guys.

They will try to scam you all the time the easiest way to tell if the email is from Paypal is to look to see if your name is on the email e.g. David Jones if the email just say to you or the customer its a scam!

I've been getting those paypal phishing scams for years, Its completely unrelated to the ebay hack that was recently reported. Tell your email program its junk and it will stop it for a while.

Actually....just a piece of general advice for good cyber security. Never Ever document your bank or other private identity details to anyone when requested by e mail. Always deliberately specify the vendor/bank/institutions web address from your web browser. 99.99% of e mails asking for any privacy details are phishing scams. Many masquerade with the banks logo and are starting to look quite convincing now. The golden rule is always type the URL in yourself and navigate any accounts you have that way.

I got a "intent to prosecute" email yesterday with click on the link for detail's, our virus scanner removed the attachment, it was obviously a virus.
Watch out!

Pete

Back