Paul Sellers - Trademark?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ok so we have gone a little off topic.

Back to Paul Sellers.

I met him today at the Harrogate show, he stopped and took the time to chat for about 10mins. He was more interested in me (and my family) and how I got into woodworking than "preaching" or talking about himself. I could have spent hours talking to him.
Very humbling really to know that he isn't interested in ramming his philosophies down your throat despite how some of his videos and blog may come across to some people, he is just very passionate about what he does.

As the old saying goes there is more than one way to skin a cat but to me Paul's methods and teaching style is comprehensive and easy to follow. I think without his masterclasses I wouldn't have got this far without giving woodworking up as a bad job.

just my 2p worth.

Matt

Paddy Roxburgh":18u0i86j said:
Phil, when I go to Wales I hear Welsh all the time , I hardly ever hear Irish in Ireland and have never heard Scottish in Scotland (you can't argue with carefully compiled statistics like that) yet there is BBC Alba in Scotland and TG4 in Ireland. Not saying your wrong but I'm surprised.
Paddy

Course they do!
When you walk in they are speaking English but change to Welsh.
I vowed never to go there again, if I could help it. If they think they can manage to survive without tourism let em get on with it!

I learned about the knife wall from Paul Sellers and whether he invented it or not it enables me to cut timber dead square with minimal touch up on the shooting board.

Regards Keith

Like all other craftsmen he is a master at some things, good at some things, mediocre at some things and bad at some things.

I have learned quite a few tricks from his benchwork videos. I used to watch them when I was ill. He seems to be very good at benchwork with hand tools.

One of the things he doesn't know is how to use an axe or hatchet....... I saw a youtube video with him teaching that and the whole video was totally ridiculous........ but.... even the best teacher in the world may once or twice in a lifetime be lured to teach a thing he doesn't know.

phil.p":3ccm5lx3 said:
Swagman - I doubt those with Scottish blood are over fond of Australia at the moment. :lol:

We get over such very quickly, we have invented the fine art of partying when failing at the last hurdle on any given sporting event, God forbid we actually ever win something of significance. We would only be stunned into a shocked silence and spend eternity believing we could win it again :wink:

David

Back