Parkside (Lidl) Wet and Dry Vacuum Cleaner worth buying?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

okeydokey

Established Member
Reaction score
So from 23/7 Lidl have the above on sale £44.99 spec as per the advert below.
Anyone have an earlier version and is it any good for general hoovering up shed/garage/workshop stuff.
Container seems to be 19.8L gross is that small? not sure how gross comes into the situation about the inside volume of the container drum would someone please explain. Is 1300 watt large enough?
thanks all
  • Effortlessly removes wet and dry dirt
  • Can also be used as a blower or for extracting water
  • Easy-to-empty stainless steel container with clip fastenings
  • Retractable carry handle
  • Integrated holding brackets for pipe, cable and nozzles
  • 5 wheels for stability
  • With filters for all applications
  • Power consumption: 1300W
  • Suction power: 200 Air-Watt
  • Container volume (gross): 19.8L
  • Accessories included: 1 suction hose (2m),
  • 1 crevice nozzle, 1 floor nozzle, 3 piece suction tube, 1 paper filter bag, 1 textile filter bag (washable), 1 foam filter (for wet vacuuming)
  • Power cable length: 4m
  • 3-year warranty

So from 23/7 Lidl have the above on sale £44.99 spec as per the advert below.
Anyone have an earlier version and is it any good for general hoovering up shed/garage/workshop stuff.
Container seems to be 19.8L gross is that small? not sure how gross comes into the situation about the inside volume of the container drum would someone please explain. Is 1300 watt large enough?
thanks all
  • Effortlessly removes wet and dry dirt
  • Can also be used as a blower or for extracting water
  • Easy-to-empty stainless steel container with clip fastenings
  • Retractable carry handle
  • Integrated holding brackets for pipe, cable and nozzles
  • 5 wheels for stability
  • With filters for all applications
  • Power consumption: 1300W
  • Suction power: 200 Air-Watt
  • Container volume (gross): 19.8L
  • Accessories included: 1 suction hose (2m),
  • 1 crevice nozzle, 1 floor nozzle, 3 piece suction tube, 1 paper filter bag, 1 textile filter bag (washable), 1 foam filter (for wet vacuuming)
  • Power cable length: 4m
  • 3-year warranty
Looks as good as any in that price range tbh. Good size container.

You can get a Titan or Einhell from screwfix/toolstation for just under £50.
Parkside tools tend to be a bit hit or miss, and the warranty also has very mixed reviews.

With a store that regularly stocks the item, they'll have the ability to straight swap it out. As the 'middle of Lidl' is VERY seasonal, if the thing borks out in a few months, it's a flip-of-the-coin if they have any in stock and it's more likely that you'd be waiting some time for the replacement or a partial refund... Which can be frustrating as it's likely you were in the middle of something when it broke, and might not be able to finish until it gets replaced.

The literage is fairly standard - the smaller ones are 15-20L, and.. well they just get bigger from there, and the wattage is fine for a garage.
Personally, I got a 20L Draper vac from screwfix, then bought one of those cyclone dust collectors and a blue food barrel from amazon. Bodged it all together, and I'm emptying the barrel once every couple of months.
The suction is great for stuff like the bandsaw and router, it's ok on the table saw, but clogs up the hose on the planer/thicknesser. For the latter, I unhook blue barrel off the system, pop it on the floor with the lid off next to where the chips fly out, and hang a tarp from the ceiling with the bottom tucked into the barrel. Doesn't catch everything, but certainly saves a tonne of sweeping up. I only really set this all up if I'm having a planing/thicknessing sesh as its a bit of a faff, If it's just a quick plane, I won't bother.

Grrrr, been waiting for a vac to be stocked in the middle isle for some time.
Looked at the archives (offerskd2.org) from the last few years back, and awaiting one patiently...
only for yet another new model to pop up, for around the same price as to what the largest one
was priced at "before the war"
Great stuff then, admittedly this one is 1400 watts, and no in-built socket which might be nice for some, compared to the original 1500w one,
and was willing to loose out on the hundred watts oomph factor, fair enough for the money.
Turns out they were sold immediately, and I'm left guessing how many they had,
as I was in the day after, not knowing they were coming in aargh!

Went to the next branch, day after when I found out, and not a sign of them there either,
though they have the 1500w machine coming in next week. 🤨

Kinda feel pushed into coughing up near double the price for it.

There might, or might not be a little 1200w one coming in August for a lot less,
but the one comment from an advert suggested it wasn't great, for what that's worth.

Was keen to get one last week, and that 1400w one seems good value,
so I suggest you wanna get there first to pick one of the 5 or 10 which might be in the shop, cuz I reckon there's a bit of a hustle goin on there.😉

If you wanna talk vacuums some more, not sure if the filter is a pleated type as the larger one,
be interesting to read some comments about that.

Tom

I've got one of the bigger ones, which I've had for several years now. I especially like the power outlet on the bigger models, which turns the vacuum on when the tool(s) plugged into the socket are switched and has a couple of seconds over-run when they're turned off. That's very handy for impromptu dust extraction or using it as part of your main extraction system. I like the 3-year warranty, which I've used very rarely but which has been no-questions-asked so far. I buy quite a bit from Lidl in Germany and have it shipped to where I live - the warranties are mostly from Kompernass and it's usually just a case of refund or replacementand, and they've never wanted the dud item returned yet..

We have 3 of the ‘older’ ones, two with the smaller containers which are yellow plastic and one larger which is metal. They’re all 1300w and at least 2 years old, closer to 3.

I use the larger one in the workshop daily for general hoovering up as well as on the ROS and it’s plenty powerful.

We bought the smaller two for attempting to keep the house habitable when doing work throughout over the last 30 months and thought we’d use them to death but they keep going!

Plenty of tools with them and the hoses and cables are long. They are loud though.

They’ve taken some hammer since use and are far better than the Titan ones in our experience so I’d recommend them highly.

You can get a Titan or Einhell from screwfix/toolstation for just under £50.
Parkside tools tend to be a bit hit or miss, and the warranty also has very mixed reviews.

With a store that regularly stocks the item, they'll have the ability to straight swap it out. As the 'middle of Lidl' is VERY seasonal, if the thing borks out in a few months, it's a flip-of-the-coin if they have any in stock and it's more likely that you'd be waiting some time for the replacement or a partial refund... Which can be frustrating as it's likely you were in the middle of something when it broke, and might not be able to finish until it gets replaced.

The literage is fairly standard - the smaller ones are 15-20L, and.. well they just get bigger from there, and the wattage is fine for a garage.
Personally, I got a 20L Draper vac from screwfix, then bought one of those cyclone dust collectors and a blue food barrel from amazon. Bodged it all together, and I'm emptying the barrel once every couple of months.
The suction is great for stuff like the bandsaw and router, it's ok on the table saw, but clogs up the hose on the planer/thicknesser. For the latter, I unhook blue barrel off the system, pop it on the floor with the lid off next to where the chips fly out, and hang a tarp from the ceiling with the bottom tucked into the barrel. Doesn't catch everything, but certainly saves a tonne of sweeping up. I only really set this all up if I'm having a planing/thicknessing sesh as its a bit of a faff, If it's just a quick plane, I won't bother.
Titan ones are good, I have two, one with PTO.

I have one that I bought from Lidl years ago, but it’s a Lavor brand. It has been great.
More recently I bought a Vacmaster Multi20 PTO and I’ve found it to be excellent. The ability to operate automatically when you have plugged tools into the external socket is very handy.

An update - decided not to buy - looked at the box and thought it would be a bit on the small size so will keep my eye out for something a bit larger on sale somewhere/time

Just for info, I've just bought the Lidl one and also similar from Aldi, in stock now. The Aldi one is bigger (30L) stainless container and has the PTO outlet, £5 more. Looking at them I'd guess they're both manufactured in same factory as the fittings are very similar. For £5 more I'd say the Aldi one is better value considering the larger capacity and power take off. Going to return the Lidl one, but not because there's anything wrong with it.

Mike

Back