Parallel Clamps

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SteveF

Established Member
Reaction score
anyone recommend a brand
I have looked at the bessey 600mm ones
any other equivalent options?

Steve

I have the green ones from Rutlands. They do a perfectly good job at less than half the price of Besseys (when they're in stock and on offer - they're neither at the moment).

I have the Green ones as well, but bought on e-bay at a good discount, been using them for about six years now without any slipping or failures, they where good value at £22.00 for six inc pp.

I got 8 UK60s from its.couk a few months ago. Only paid about £100. Cant recommend enough. Very stable glue ups now.

​Bessey seem to realise that their clamps are overpriced, much like DFS, they have "Flash Deals" and sales all the time.

transatlantic":2mv3hzmb said:
So under the covers, is a parallel clamp just an f-clamp with a bit of plastic over it?
Not really. Parallel clamps apply pressure evenly across the jaws, which really helps when you want something clamped at 90 degrees. It also helps stop panel glue ups from bowing.

They're good, which is why they're expensive :(

ScaredyCat":1h9xhh8k said:

​Bessey seem to realise that their clamps are overpriced, much like DFS, they have "Flash Deals" and sales all the time.

I haven't come across these Bessey sales, could someone post a link on here next time they have one please?

Back