Palm router base plate extension

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The perspex is really deep inside the monitor, keep fetching stuff out until you practically come out of the other end, it is easy to think there is no perspex in there, it happened to me but I went back in and found it. It is normally covered with sheets of clear and white thin plastic sheets, these are ideal for using as gluing up mats as well.
Well blow me down.
This guy is absolutely right.
Buried deep in the back of the monitor. Nice piece of HDPE. I will be stripping the rest over the weekend.
Thanks John.

Attachments

• IMG_20230303_130145.jpg
    IMG_20230303_130145.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_20230303_130152.jpg
    IMG_20230303_130152.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_20230303_130702.jpg
    IMG_20230303_130702.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 0
You're welcome, I'm all for recycling , hate waste. I cant claim authorship though, I picked up the idea from a Japanese bloke on you tube, JSK Koubou, manufacturer of all kinds of wooden jigs fixtures and fittings. Well worth a look.😊
John

Who says recycling is a waste of time . Nice bit of info thanks to John Trend won't be happy 😉
Lol, I've done a few now, some have 10mm,8mm&6mm
No idea why though. Plenty of new offset and extended bases for my palm router now though. I've got a 32" one I'm stripping tomorrow, hopefully that's 10mm and that's my router table insert sorted lol. 👍🏻👍🏻
You're welcome, I'm all for recycling , hate waste. I cant claim authorship though, I picked up the idea from a Japanese bloke on you tube, JSK Koubou, manufacturer of all kinds of wooden jigs fixtures and fittings. Well worth a look.😊
John
Absolutely, I've just got a 10mm 20" x 15" out of a really old monitor. I'm supper stoked lol.
So I've gone from needing a remortgage to having 2 x 6mm sheets, 3 x 8mm sheets and 2 big 10mm sheets of HDPE. And I'll tell ya something else, it's bloody good stuff, no flex at all, only a tiny bit in the 6mm.
Thanks.

Back