Order tracking

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Whilst we are at it, SMS messaging, mobiles do not work at my home, so I don't get the messages until I drive out of the area, why does everyone assume that we all have mobiles and they work. Arghhhh
The mobile signal at my house is a bit iffy. I have wifi calling switched on and the phone is happy switching itself between the mobile signal and wifi. Phone calls and sms messages seem to get through with no issues.

Possibly if I did, all the information would be there, but I was thinking...that's how people get caught by these scams, just coincidence that I was expecting a delivery and got the scam message within a few minutes of dispatch info from Warco
The devil is in the detail. There should be sufficient information in the message to enable you to determine that it is genuine before clicking on any links. All I can suggest is a complaint to Warco.

All I can suggest is a complaint to Warco
The delivery arrived OK, on time, so it was OK. It was just an example of how bad the tracking process can be. I wasn't in a hurry for the part.

More to the point: if a parcel does go missing how on earth do they know who to chase it up with?
The supplier is responsible for the deliver. If the courier damages or delivers to the wrong place etc it is down to the supplier. if you pay by credit card the bank is also liable.

I deleted the message I got, thought it was a scam, so I can't remember the name of the supply company on the courier's message. Can't even remember the courier! I know it wasn't Warren tools, the other name for Warco.

Warco and the couriers will have a full record of collections/deliveries, but the customer is a bit in the dark.
I almost clicked the link in the message. Possibly if I did, all the information would be there, but I was thinking...that's how people get caught by these scams, just coincidence that I was expecting a delivery and got the scam message within a few minutes of dispatch info from Warco. In this case, it wasn't a scam, but there was no information on the message to say it was from Warco.
You are quite right not to open an attachment from an unknown source. Even known people can be suspect at times.

I envy you not caring what is being delivered, you obviously put far less importance on deliveries than I do, I try to keep active now days and items being delivered take on a greater importance since I retired, your very lucky to know within an hour or two that Amazon are going to deliver, for me it's days not hours, yes it really matters.
I think you need to get out more. Seriously. Get a hobby. Why worry about it? You'll find out soon enough.

I don't want to get out more, it increases the chance of catching Covid or something similar, I am quite happy being retired and pottering around at home waiting for my parcels to be delivered, but I would like to know when and what is coming.

Interesting thread.

My take on it is, I receive parcels and not only do I not know what is in them, I don't even remember ordering anything!

It's such a nice surprise when I reveal the contents 😄
I have only ordered stuff on 3 or 4 working days delivery so I have not forgotten about it.

Last week I got some clamps from Banggood UK that were supposed to come on Wednesday but arrived on Tuesday. Clamps are good. I had looked at the tracking site that morning and it did not say that they were being delivered that day. I was not expecting the delivery but it was ok because the driver knocked loudly, but I could have been out. There was no email saying it was about to be delivered or since to confirm delivery. this makes me reluctant to order anything that they ship direct from China, with a month plus shipping, whilst surprises are nice I do not want to give presents for passing thieves.

I tend to order stuff from 'Wish. com' and you have the option of items being delivered direct or to a local store, from which you collect.
Opting for this collection is also cheaper for transport. It is yet another Chinese outlet where you can get all sorts of things.
May be worth a look? Send me a PM with your name/address, I recommend you and get a voucher to spend - we can 'talk' about this.
That counts for anyone - the more I recommend (and they buy) the more WE get!

Can be annoying when you receive a message from some courier company you have never heard of, and has not been mentioned by the seller. In my experience you can usually work out what it must be, or if in doubt a quick call to the seller may resolve it. I try to get most stuff via Royal Mail, simply because we know the postman and he knows where to leave stuff if we are not in and it won't fit through the letterbox, and we get something most days. The amount of stuff the wife and kids order from Next their delivery woman might as well be in the electoral roll at our house :) As others have said Amazon seem to operate a dump it and run policy, usually on the front door step where it is plain for all to see. I wonder how many of these do get nicked.

Can be annoying when you receive a message from some courier company you have never heard of, and has not been mentioned by the seller. In my experience you can usually work out what it must be, or if in doubt a quick call to the seller may resolve it. I try to get most stuff via Royal Mail, simply because we know the postman and he knows where to leave stuff if we are not in and it won't fit through the letterbox, and we get something most days. The amount of stuff the wife and kids order from Next their delivery woman might as well be in the electoral roll at our house :) As others have said Amazon seem to operate a dump it and run policy, usually on the front door step where it is plain for all to see. I wonder how many of these do get nicked.
Amazon certainly operate a dump it and run policy. generally they e mail you when they ar going to deliver. But about a a month ago I was sitting on my back steps eating lunch. i herd a noise at my front door walked to investigate and saw an Amazon van diving away. It was £20 worth of PPE but a passersby would not know that,

I must admit to being a little perplexed by this thread. Every tracking service I have seen tells you where or who the parcel has been picked up from. It’s a bit of a first world problem for me then having to work it out from the name or location of the organisation I have just bought something from but perhaps I have misunderstood what the issue is.

I must admit to being a little perplexed by this thread. Every tracking service I have seen tells you where or who the parcel has been picked up from. It’s a bit of a first world problem for me then having to work it out from the name or location of the organisation I have just bought something from but perhaps I have misunderstood what the issue is.
It doesn't happen often, but it does happen. Just this past week I had a text about a pallet delivery. It did have a consignment number, but that number didn't relate to any kind of tracking available on their website. So just from the text alone, you would have no idea what the order was. But of course, I was expecting it, so knew what it was, but that might not be so easy if you have lots of orders.

As AJS pointed out to me the OP may want to leave the house when there are no high value or time critical items about to be delivered. I suppose this could become a problem if you receive many parcels and do not have a secure place for them to be left whilst you are out or can not answer the door.

Yesterday I ordered something from toolstation. Today I received an email from Evri saying they have my toolstation order and giving tracking information. So Evri are letting me know the supplier but not the contents. As others have said, it is best that delivery staff do not know the contents for security reasons.

It does seem that Avis/Evri have finally got their act together since changing the name, they where by far the worse delivery service in the South East of the UK in my experience.

Today had notification that DPD where going to deliver between 1200 : 1300 the delivery driver is Jason and I am drop No 47, but no indication who the delivery is from!!!!!!!!

It does seem that Avis/Evri have finally got their act together since changing the name, they where by far the worse delivery service in the South East of the UK in my experience.

Today had notification that DPD where going to deliver between 1200 : 1300 the delivery driver is Jason and I am drop No 47, but no indication who the delivery is from!!!!!!!

Back