Order tracking

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I envy you not caring what is being delivered, you obviously put far less importance on deliveries than I do, I try to keep active now days and items being delivered take on a greater importance since I retired, your very lucky to know within an hour or two that Amazon are going to deliver, for me it's days not hours, yes it really matters.
You have not explained why it is important outside the reasons that I give.

Why does it matter if the router bits come at 1000 and the bolts come at 1600 or the the router bits come at 1600 and the bolts come at 1000.

What matters is that you know that something is coming so that it is not stolen, be it the router bits or the bolts.

It is important because I put importance on it, just because you don't understand it does not mean I am wrong in wanting to know what is being delivered and when.

It seems you are just trying to start an argument, as a member of only a month (2.5 messages/day) I suspect you are a troll and just stirring up trouble.

Last edited:
How would the couriers know what you have ordered? that would be disclosing private information.

At best they can tell you who its from and maybe provide an order number you can reference with the original seller
That's the problem, they do not tell you who has sent it or any reference to an order, just a blanket we have a delivery for you and will be with you within the next, two days, one day or next hour.

It is important because I put importance on it, just because you don't understand it does not mean I am wrong in wanting to know what is being delivered and when.

It seems you are just trying to start an argument, as a member of only a month I suspect you are a troll and just stirring up trouble.
I am not sure why you want to insult someone for asking logical questions.

I can understand why someone may have an illogical need to know what the person is delivering before they get the package.

That's the problem, they do not tell you who has sent it or any reference to an order, just a blanket we have a delivery for you and will be with you within the next, two days, one day or next hour.
The seller will know what courier company they are using.

You look at your order on the sellers website and they will link you to the couriers website with the package number. The couriers website depending on its quality will tell you the day or hour etc when it is being delivered.

If a courier company contacts you to tell you that package AG 16764549GLKY is being delivered you will not know what is inside. I would think it is bad for security for the driver to know what is inside the package as it would allow high value packages to be targeted.

None of your questions are logical, just argumentative.
You are just being evasive.

It is perfectly logical to ask why you need to know if it is the bolts or router bits coming at 1000 or 1600.

If you have a reason other than "I just need to know" you can post it.

Which is why you contact the sellers website, it is quite simple; I assume that you have an internet connection at your home.

If you are having half a dozen deliveries a day does it rally matter what oreder the deliveiers coming each day.
If it is half a dozen a week it is easy to look up on the sellers website.

Jeez ............... the OP would just like to know what is arriving when. He doesn't need an excuse, nor does he need to give a reason.
Correct, the OP does not have to give a reason of why they need to know what is in any particular package and why they can not use the sellers website to get the tracking information.

The reason you want to do something will effect the potential solutions.

The seller will know what courier company they are using.

You look at your order on the sellers website and they will link you to the couriers website with the package number. The couriers website depending on its quality will tell you the day or hour etc when it is being delivered.
I wish that was always the case, but the delivery I had from Warco didn't have any information about who was delivering the package and the delivery company didn't show the parcel was from Warco, it was coming from a different company. the good thing is that despite all the missing information, nearly all deliveries arrive OK.

If I post from HR9 to the other end of town [within 2miles] it does at least a 100 mile journey via B'ham! At least it's good mileage for the price of a 1st Cl. stamp! 🤣
A while back I did a couple of Christmases at a Royal Mail mail centre - the first place your letter actually gets looked at. There are far fewer of them than many imagine, they tend to cover several postcode areas. The one I worked at in Preston covers the whole of the PR, BB, FY and LA postcode areas. LA is Lancaster which covers the southern half of the Lake District (Carlisle picks up the north). Some of the nowheres up there are a good couple of hours from Preston.

The last posting dates for Christmas? They are essentially nonsense if the letter is properly addressed, it should get through as normal.

The problem is badly addressed Christmas cards. At least half lack postcodes and many lack even a recognised post town. I mentioned the Lake District earlier, you can imagine how many little hamlets of a few dozen houses there are. If you are in one and sending a card to the next one you still need to address it properly even if it's a couple of miles away. The bag in that postbox gets pulled out, tiewrapped and thrown in the back of the van. It doesn't get opened until it arrives in a mail centre which could be a hundred or more miles away.

I wish that was always the case, but the delivery I had from Warco didn't have any information about who was delivering the package and the delivery company didn't show the parcel was from Warco, it was coming from a different company. the good thing is that despite all the missing information, nearly all deliveries arrive OK.
Luckily I have not had a supplier who does not know who the courier company is.

I wonder how Warco get things collected for delivery! I can understand using more than one courier but I would keep a record of which parcel goes with which courier. I wonder how they reconcile the invoices from each courier at the end of the month or do they just pay what is asked.

Luckily I have not had a supplier who does not know who the courier company is.

I wonder how Warco get things collected for delivery! I can understand using more than one courier but I would keep a record of which parcel goes with which courier. I wonder how they reconcile the invoices from each courier at the end of the month or do they just pay what is asked.
More to the point: if a parcel does go missing how on earth do they know who to chase it up with?

I seem to be lucky that my suppliers do tend to send an e mail with the company name who will be delivered and then another e mail from the courier soon after. There is however the odd one that do not but their website normally states who they use. Once an order is placed and I have the information it is written in a book when and by who will deliver. This is followed up by it being struck through once completed

I usually have to go to the items recently ordered and get the tracking number and match them up. Or pay attention to the value of the item and remember what I bought for that amount. Good luck.

It is perfectly logical to ask why you need to know if it is the bolts or router bits coming at 1000 or 1600.

If you have a reason other than "I just need to know" you can post it.
I ordered the bolts because I noticed I was running a little low on that size. I probably have a couple of month's supply left so not too bothered if I get them today, tomorrow or next week.

I ordered the router bit because it's an odd profile I don't have to hand. I need it to continue a job I am working on now. I'd have preferred it yesterday if that was possible.

I also need to leave at some point today to run some errand. There's no one receive the parcels if I am out. I want to make sure I'm in for the important one.

This isn't imaginary, it's the kind of decision I make several times a year.

Last edited:
I deleted the message I got, thought it was a scam, so I can't remember the name of the supply company on the courier's message. Can't even remember the courier! I know it wasn't Warren tools, the other name for Warco.

Warco and the couriers will have a full record of collections/deliveries, but the customer is a bit in the dark.
I almost clicked the link in the message. Possibly if I did, all the information would be there, but I was thinking...that's how people get caught by these scams, just coincidence that I was expecting a delivery and got the scam message within a few minutes of dispatch info from Warco. In this case, it wasn't a scam, but there was no information on the message to say it was from Warco.

Back