Order tracking

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MikeJhn

Grunkel
Reaction score
I order a fair few items per week over the internet and get tracking information sent to me, the problem is I don't know what item is being sent and the tracking information does not give me a clue, is it me or do others have the same frustration?

Yes, very frustrating. I bought something from Warco recently, but the shipment was done by another company, so I got a text from the courier saying my parcel was on the way, from some company I had never heard of. There was nothing on the text to confirm what it was. It just looked like a scam text. I didn't click the link. The shipping email from Warco didn't say anything about another company shipping the product, or any details of who the courier was. The product arrived OK (part hadn't been machined).
Some companies are excellent....everything documented well, regular updates, text and email on shipping and kept well informed.

It's all very well giving tracking information, no matter how detailed and what the name of the courier (Carl is the driver) is and you are drop number 73, but when you don't know what it is your tracking it's useless information.

I have been getting 2 to 6 notifications a day and I have nothing on order! Easy to tell they are scams by the 🚚 , 📦, ✈️ and different fonts in the email subject line. Block and delete every one and they send another from a slightly different email address. They must have millions. 😞

Pete

None of what I am talking about are scams, I recognise those and as you delete them, but the real ones just don't give enough information to know what I am getting, unlike Amazon who do tell you what has been dispatched, its no wonder that Amazon are taking over the world, but at least some, not all, but some are getting the message and upping their game, up to now Avis have been a joke, but under their new name they have improved, not a lot, but anything was an improvement.

No problem Pete, its the couriers that need to understand, its no use telling us something is on the way if we don't know what it is, mind you sometimes its a nice surprise, but not often.

At any one time I have quite a number of outstanding orders, which one is being delivered by whom on a particular day is the question.

Royal Mails new service is very good, pay on line to send a parcel and they pick it up and deliver it with 48hr tracking, that's a positive.

If I post from HR9 to the other end of town [within 2miles] it does at least a 100 mile journey via B'ham! At least it's good mileage for the price of a 1st Cl. stamp! 🤣

At any one time I have quite a number of outstanding orders, which one is being delivered by whom on a particular day is the question.
In most cases I do not understand why you need to know what is being delivered.

If an item is of particular importance or value you may want to make sure that you spot the delivery. Amazon seem to knock, leave the package and run away here. But I have always know that they would be delivering within an hour or two.

If an item is big or heavy and you need someone to help you move it you do not want to keep another person waiting.

But if you don't know if it is some router bits or some bolts does it really matter.

I envy you not caring what is being delivered, you obviously put far less importance on deliveries than I do, I try to keep active now days and items being delivered take on a greater importance since I retired, your very lucky to know within an hour or two that Amazon are going to deliver, for me it's days not hours, yes it really matters.

How would the couriers know what you have ordered? that would be disclosing private information.

At best they can tell you who its from and maybe provide an order number you can reference with the original seller

Are you using an Amazon app? It is usually possible to pull up a live tracking map showing the van location
I would have thought other companies would at least provide a tracking number these days

Back