Order tracking

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It does seem that Avis/Evri have finally got their act together since changing the name, they where by far the worse delivery service in the South East of the UK in my experience.

Today had notification that DPD where going to deliver between 1200 : 1300 the delivery driver is Jason and I am drop No 47, but no indication who the delivery is from!!!!!!!!
It is not something which I have noticed previously, I normally know what it is. I can see that it could be a problem and also it helps these phishing messages. If the tracking notification always had the sender then it would be easier to identify fakes.

Yesterday I ordered something from toolstation. Today I received an email from Evri saying they have my toolstation order and giving tracking information. So Evri are letting me know the supplier but not the contents. As others have said, it is best that delivery staff do not know the contents for security reasons.
Maybe there should be an option to let the driver know the contents of the packages. I would not opt for this but obviously some would.

No need for that, just the name of the origin company it was picked up from on the notification to the recipient, the driver has no need to know anything about the content.

It is far easier to sell a £200 router for £50 in a pub than to sell £200 of children's clothes and toys. If you have a package from power tool company it is more likely to have a product that can easily sold. Most packages do have the company of origin on them but why make it easy for them and give them a list.

If the people in the courier company can access the delivery address, customer name and the company origin so that they can answer queries they will also be able to pass that on to a driver. It would be harder for a person in the supplier to make contact with a corrupt person in the couriers office as they are unlikely to meet.

Many companies send products in the manufacturers boxes etc. where it is displayed as to the contents. I bought a Proxxon MF40 ffrom Germany that was delivered just in it's original box, plus several tools from FFX.

I think the point is that the recipient should know who the item is from, all too easy to send a phishing message “you parcel from …… will arrive today between ….. and …. Etc. Tracking information is given …….”. Can easily make it look genuine.

If you are expecting a deliver it is all too easy to click on the tracking information. This is separate from the delivery driver knowing who the parcel is from.

I ordered a new pair of waders and boots from John Norris of Penrith Yesterday, I have a notification from DPD that I have a delivery from John Norris arriving at approximately 14:30 today, considering I am at the other end of the country that is some going if it arrives, notification told me it was from John Norris and that's all I ask of these delivery couriers, will update later.

It is important because I put importance on it, just because you don't understand it does not mean I am wrong in wanting to know what is being delivered and when.
This is often a sign of an organised person, if you have ordered multiple items and they are being delivered by multiple couriers then knowing when and what is being delivered can save you having to hang around all day. A package of router cutters will fit through a letter box so maybe you don't need to stay in for those but larger parcels you want to be in to accept otherwise you may have to go to there depot to collect which in my case is often a 75 mile round trip.

I like to keep track of many things because then you know what is happening and can be on top of a situation, I bet Mike is also financially aware like myself who thinks that if you look after the pennies then the pounds look after themselves.

I ordered a new pair of waders and boots from John Norris of Penrith Yesterday, I have a notification from DPD that I have a delivery from John Norris arriving at approximately 14:30 today, considering I am at the other end of the country that is some going if it arrives, notification told me it was from John Norris and that's all I ask of these delivery couriers, will update later.
They have arrived and all as expected, hats off to John Norris and DPD for a 24hr turnaround.

Back