Ooops

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don't think the planners make you pull it down for 45mm too short but build it 45mm too long and you could be in trouble :lol:

Regards Keith

Woodchips2":2dy6bhv4 said:
I don't think the planners make you pull it down for 45mm too short but build it 45mm too long and you could be in trouble :lol:

Regards Keith

Ah, it wasn't too short in length, but too short in height, there's a wee bit of a compromise between the planners and the distance from the ground to the top of people's heads!!

Quite a few years ago a friend of mine had a garage built and used east european builders. They did a fantastic job and quality of work was great only problem was they confused his hand written measurements. They thought his 7 was a 1, he had a very interesting surprise when he got home after a weekend away.

It's very easily done, A foul day setting out in the trench, all those weeks ago,
I hope That doesn't mean you're DPC is 45mm too low!
Regards Rodders

Droogs":gg3r166i said:
Quite a few years ago a friend of mine had a garage built and used east european builders. They did a fantastic job and quality of work was great only problem was they confused his hand written measurements. They thought his 7 was a 1, he had a very interesting surprise when he got home after a weekend away.

Where did he end up parking his other 6 cars?

it was for the length, when he got back, he could get the car in his nice new garage but only as far as the rear whell arch

PMSL

Droogs":2fqgjn3b said:
it was for the length, when he got back, he could get the car in his nice new garage but only as far as the rear whell arch

PMSL

That's my problem; sort of, and the reason I use the garage as a workshop.

I could get my old Cambridge in easy enough, but I couldn't get out of the car, as there was no room to open the doors. Even a Mini would have had a problem. What a cray world! 8)

MusicMan":29lxrxnr said:
And you think you can convince us that this was an accidental mistake?

I had the Cambridge before I moved into the house. I never thought to check. I assumed a garage would accomodate the average family saloon. A Cambridge wasn't exactly the size of a Rolls now was it? :lol: :lol: :lol:

My brother lived in a block of 8 flats in Harrow, there was a separate block of 8 garages behind. All the garages were like Benchwayzes, you could get the car into the garage but you couldn't then get out of the car.
Said garages were getting a little bit dilapidated so they decided to get them rebuilt. But the freeholder wouldn't allow them to build them any bigger! There was plenty of room ,so it wasn't that.

Neither has mine MM. and for about the same time, this latest one. I don't think I was ever worried about the car not being in a locked garage, (Although Insurance Companies seem to care.) Secretly, I was glad of the excuse to turn the place into a workshop 'cos I don't think the Missus would have liked a separate build in the garden! :mrgreen:

Latest posts

Back