OMG

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm going to readjust my original guess and say Mike got a couple of infill kits from Holtey (so he can slice peperroni and keep the bears in check with the same tool).
So where do I pick up my prize Mike?

Got game?

fs_0024.jpg

fs_0024a.jpg

Based upon Disston's No. 9 backsaw.

This 15 3/4" blade, 9 PPI rip-filed saw has 4 1/4" usable depth with a .030" thick saw plate.

The brass back is solid, chamfered and slotted. Has traditional split nuts for the bolts. Handle wood is Mubangu. Handle is currently made for a right-handed person. If a left-handed person wins the game, we'll make a new handle. A medallion will be added to this saw.

Here are a couple "rules." There are a few people who know what this is all about--you know who you are! But, you still need to play along else your absence form guessing may help others. So just guess incorrectly <g>. You're on your honor...

There were 6 items in the box. The odds are a bit stack against y'all.

Oh. If the country you reside in charges VATs/Fees, they are the responsibility of the winner. I'll pay shipping.

The game ends on 9 December at midnight my time.

Let the game begin...Take care, Mike

ok that's a fair deal, and now to put on the thinking cap.
well actually i reckon it's a hoping cap :lol: :lol: :lol:

my first thought is that you have gotten some new holtey things.
:oops: :twisted:
paul :wink:

LV test version of a plow (or plough). The other 5 items being the cutters (1/8, 1/4, 5/16, 1/2, 3/4) [-o<

I'm just shooting in the dark here. :-k

Infills, kits and new product lines are a few things that spring to mind....
I'm also a little distracted by the bear reference....

hmmm....

The all new "infill-style cocobolo and brass Bear-Scarer whirly-gurdy" and 4 piece bear skining kit from LV.

Yep, I reckon thats it.

Clinton1":u868jow6 said:
No worries Clinton.

The bear reference began when I sometime in the past made a remark about beer...but misspelled it as bear. So it's been a running joke which Paul started. The chickens and pizza got added. Gives me a chuckle, but that's its only significance.

Take care, Mike

Mike, I'd never play this game, but the prize now is a good saw with medallion, so I won't be quiet anymore and guess :mrgreen: instead of sitting back and grinning.

You once or twice mentioned you had to sell the one or the other plane in order to buy some machines or tools for your new saw trade. And I guess it is all the LNs you then had to give away and now you ordered them alltogether brandnew. That'd be worth an OMG? [-o<

Have a splendid sunday with your new tools,

Marc

MikeW":10nbjww0 said:
Clinton1":10nbjww0 said:
No worries Clinton.

The bear reference began when I sometime in the past made a remark about beer...but misspelled it as bear. So it's been a running joke which Paul started. The chickens and pizza got added. Gives me a chuckle, but that's its only significance.

Take care, Mike

:lol: .....lovely saw Mike. Definetly worth a OMG..... is there more ?

BTW... haven't stopped reading that book. My minds in overdrive.

Coo, Mike, you must reckon this is gonna be a tough one to crack. :shock: Hmm... :-k How many sizes of chisel does Dave at Blue Spruce Toolworks make? :idea:

Cheers, Alf

I've just re-read your original post, and in another post you said nothing to do with saws or your buisness, and there was more than one on your door step sooooo..... #-o

What would impress a master craftsman enough to be so chuffed/stuffed?

And to be so generous he will give away an heirloom because he's so happy with his find ](*,) !!!!!!

Kids two of them Twins perhaps.... could be yours or maybe grandchildren.... =D>

MikeW":3uwt1v1w said:
There were 6 items in the box.
Sextuplets?! But even in Oregon would they put them in a box? On the doorstep? Surely not; the bears might mistake them for pizzas... :lol:

Hey, it's not six pizzas is it...?

Cheers, Alf

Wondering how many guesses one person is allowed to get away with 8-[

I'm sure I've read somewhere that you like to sharpen chisels and the like sideways (i.e. at 90 degrees to the way you sharpen with a LV Mk II honing guide). I've also read some stuff about Lie-Neilsen having some soon to be released honing guides at their recent handtool event in Boston, one of which is apparently a "sideways" honing guide.

My wild stab in the dark is therefore that your package contained a set (pre-production prototypes maybe?) of the soon to be released Lie-Nielsen honing guides. [-o< I'm not sure how LN honing guides relate to being stuffed, but they certainly might make you feel chuffed and result in an OMG. I'm also not sure how this could add up to six items but someone on one of the woodwork forums in your neck of the woods (I think it was WoodNet) indicated that there were several task specific versions of the Lie-Nielsen honing guides on display at the show in Boston.

Equally wild stab in the dark - tickets for you and your family to visit the UK, which would mean that you could come to the next Big Bash \:D/

Cheers :wink:

Paul

50 orders for saw kits for Mike to bring with him & run a master class at said big bash ??

Clutching at straws here I can tell :)
Mike

I reckon you've got some offspring - either kittens or puppies more likely puppies if there's 6 of em.

cheers,

Ike

so it all came in one box, and was left on your door???

maybe it is something dina has been working on to get published and the first copies are through??? :?

the pizza bears delivered 6 and did not eat one, which left some for the chickens? :twisted:

if it is nothing to do with business or saw making, then maybe six nice antiques for the home??? :oops:

come on mike by midweek we will all need hints and tips. :oops:

so if you chose to play the second part of the game mike you need to
think up some really sneaky clues for those of us in the cold lane. :lol:

paul :wink:

Latest posts

Back