OMG

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
How about a new set of Lee Valley/Veritas socket handled bevel edged chisels. I'm sure I read somewhere a while back that were on the drawing board.

No one is even warm...except what it's not...how's that, Paul?

Hmm. Hints. I'll have to actually think about that :lol:

Not too good about hints. Tend to give too much away. If I do think of a good hint or two, it'll be about Tuesday or so.

Have fun, Mike

A collection of old John S. Fray bit braces. You know, the ones with the pewter rings in the handles. I reckon you'd be chuffed if you took delivery of 6 of those.

MikeW":1i8gtbyy said:
No one is even warm...except what it's not...how's that, Paul?

Hmm. Hints. I'll have to actually think about that :lol:

Not too good about hints. Tend to give too much away. If I do think of a good hint or two, it'll be about Tuesday or so.

Have fun, Mike

O....M......G......TUESDAY ! :lol: ..... your really enjoying this eh.

Sounds more like, 1 saw and 5 bears ?...I mean ...beers. :roll: :wink:

Mirboo":1j2t840r said:
A collection of old John S. Fray bit braces. You know, the ones with the pewter rings in the handles. I reckon you'd be chuffed if you took delivery of 6 of those.
Funny, that crossed my mind too. Mike, you're evidentally getting a reputation as a c*ll*ct*r of Frays :lol:

Incidentally, it better not be tickets to the UK 'cos I reckon after this tease you'd get lynched the moment you set foot in the country... 8-[

Cheers, Alf

How about a set of six stamps - so you can mark your saws? Each one is say a different year or different type?

Just reread a bit better -can't be that as they are saw related.

So how about some homemade Christmas decorations?

Either scrolled cut Jigsaw cards,

Turned/scrolled christmas tree decorations?

Some candles (homemade)

Drinks/card holders for when playing poker?

Some alcoholic drink in bottles?

Adam

Well, I'm going to have to have a go, who could resist the temptation of such a wonderful tool?

Have you just taken delivery of the first production quality examples of the etch that you are going to use on your saws? Maybe even the first saws with an etch?

We could all do with some help here Mike.

Are they animal, mineral or vegetable?

Andy

Some snooker/pool cues?

Or... some steak knives?

Adam

oh come on alf, unless you are one of the inner circle, you mean you do not want a modern saw???? :twisted: :twisted: :roll:
paul :wink:

Alf":1ohajc1i said:
The way Adam's going he must be in really dire need of a saw... :lol:

Yeah, my jet cut died a death trimming through tree roots - I dug round then cut through the roots with the saw. The length of the saw was going in and out of the soil - so nicely abrasive in our soft sandy soil.

Adam

:ho2 8-[ I think Santa may bring a new jet cut, but actually, like many here I think, despite having good planes, I have absolutely no experience of a good saw. I like my Japanese one, but can't use it for dovetails at all. So that explains all my trying.

PS: How about egg cups?

I say, steady on; I never said I didn't want one :shock: :lol: But yeah, reckon a half back'd do a lovely job on tree roots... :ho2

So Mike, by my reckoning it's definitely Tuesday (probably a week next Thursday in Oz by now which'll qualify us for the "or so" as well) - and...?
waiting.gif

Cheers, Alf

OKay I will play thins game, only because............... well because, that's why.

I figure you got a brand new set of Blue Spruce Mortice chisels, with some sort of exotic tropical wood of undefinable beauty and hardness.

There you go that's my theory, my theory alone and no one else's, that is it is mine alone, no one else thought of it, so it is my theory, send me a PM and I will give you my address to send the saw to Mike.

Hah! Still, no one is close. :wink:

As I am sitting here drinking my first cup of coffee at 6:45 AM, I have given only a little thought to clues. Me and the boys will come up with something a while later.

Take care, Mike

MikeW":2vx0kenn said:
Hah! Still, no one is close. :wink:

As I am sitting here drinking my first cup of coffee at 6:45 AM, I have given only a little thought to clues. Me and the boys will come up with something a while later.

Take care, Mike

6 personalised coffee cups?

or...

individual picture frames?

baseball bats?

See full of good ideas today ALF :oops:

Adam

Back