Olsen blades

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chippygeoff

Established Member
Reaction score
I have just been online looking for Olsen blades. I clicked on one supplier, woodworks, and could not believe the price. I looked at the PGT double reverse No5 blades and they were £6-24 for a dozen or £52 for a gross. Other blades were under a fiver for a dozen. I don't know if this included VAT or not as I never got to the checkout but there will be postage on top of that and I doubt if I would get any change out of a tenner. I am sure others use Olsen blades and if so can you get them cheaper elsewhere. If you can could you let me know. Thanks.

Hiya Geoff
wish I had known, just sent an order off to the wooden teddybear inc. in America because I couldn't bear to pay all that money for blades plus £6.95 postage :shock: I have always found the wooden teddybear to be good to order from, they quote $12 postage, but in my previous two orders they haven't charged me as much as that. My total for a gross of various (fine) blades inc postage is $43.80. I love it when that gets translated into £ =D> From my previous orders I would expect to have them by the middle of next week, so although woodworks might be a bit quicker I seriously grudge the cost

Geoff, if you tell them you don't want a catalogue the postage will be cheaper and it'll be quicker getting here. I ordered a gross of No.7 PGT and they arrived in less than a week for £33.80p.
happy scrolling
Steve

Do people here find the Olson blades better? Only when I bought my Hegner they supplied me with some Olson samples and I did not find any advantage of them over the Niqua ones I use except the Olson ones seemed to go rusty! Maybe I was just unlucky?

The only Olson blade I use is the No.7 double tooth PGT mainly for cutting 3/4" hardwoods, I find that it lasts well and I can't remember breaking one, they always blunt first.
happy scrolling
Steve

Many thanks guys for all your help. Steve I did say i did not want a catalogue as I have one somewhere. John. I thought of hobbies but I would not want the No9 blades, I already have loads of them and only use one now and again. From what I have heard Olsen blades are as good as any other. I suppose it's what your cutting and what type and number of blade you use. I tried the Pegus double reverse blades but after many years of using FDs I just could not get on with them. I have only ordered a dozen of each type of the Olsen blades and when they arrive will spend some time testing each type to see what suits 3/4 hardwood the best.

Back