Oh bu**er

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mailee

Established Member
Reaction score
Well I thought I was lucky of late getting so many bargains but I guess the law of averages rings true today. My compressor has gone on the blink and wouldn't you beleive it it is out of it's guarantee....just! Has anyone any idea what the problem may be with it? so far the symptoms are: It won't build up pressure above 50PSI and just keeps pumping, when I stop it with the red button on the top it bleeds air out of the switch for about 15 secs or so and once it has stopped air can be felt escaping from the filler to the crankcase? I am assuming it is the rings at fault which would surprise me as it has hardly had any use so far. It is a Sealey compressor of 3HP with a 'V' twin direct drive pump mounted on a 50 LTR cylinder and was brand new back in April 07. Not too happy about it I can tell you. :evil:

Alan,

I am not sure how you machine is set up but there is often a non return valve on the entry to the tank. On the bigger machines when the motor is cut the manifold is vented. This allows the pump to start without any back pressure when the motor cuts in. It sounds like if there is a non return valve, its stuck open. Don't suppose you have the instruction book and it has a diagram of how its configured and what to check. MikeC had a similar problem on him compressor.
How long was the guarantee? You have not had it a year.

I had the same happen to a compressor at work, I took the "head" off and there was a foreign body in the inlet valve stopping it sealing, removed it, head back on, problem solved.

Back