October Woodturning Challenge - The Requirements

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

henton49er

Established Member
Reaction score
Having made a "nice pair" :lol: :lol: :roll: :roll: for September, on we go to the October Challenge for .....

a bangle. Richard Findley has kindly agreed to judge this month’s Challenge, and there will be a plaque for first place, kindly made for us by forum member Daven. Many thanks to both!!

Challenge Requirements: A Bangle

This month’s rules are:-

1. The Challenge is open to anyone and everyone.
Entries must be new and made specifically for the Challenge.
Entries must be made of wood which must be turned on a lathe using woodturning tools.
2. For the purposes of this Challenge, a bangle is defined as a bracelet made of a single piece of wood that will comfortably fit the wrist of an “average” adult without being unduly difficult to put on, and will not easily slide off unintentionally
3. There are no width restrictions to the bangle other than practicality in use
4. Segmented turning is not allowed.
5. Piercing, carving, colouring, pyrography and texturing are all allowed, but the principal requirement is for the judge to be able to see your turning skills, and to gauge the form and finish of your entry, and to judge how accurately your bangle meets these requirements
6. Any wood may be used

Please post three images of your work together with details of the wood used, the tools and methods used to make it and the dimensions (inside and outside diameters, overall width, thickness etc).

Images needed:-

1 showing a general side view of the bangle on an adult person’s wrist
1 view of the inside of the bangle
1 view of the profile of the bangle
A fourth picture may be added (but is not compulsory) if needed to show any other interesting details of your entry.

Image size - please use image size 640 x 480 0.3mp, as in previous challenges

Please upload your pictures and description between 10pm on the 27th October and 10pm on the 29th October.

Please also send me a PM giving me your own opinions of 1st, 2nd and 3rd places amongst the entries (other than your own) between 10pm on 29th October and 10pm on 31st October (for me to compile the entrants’ scoring).

Any queries or questions on this month’s Challenge, please use this thread to ask.

Hi, I will be posting an entry for the first time this month, is it ok to post image URL's rather than resizing images?

Thanks

mikebeetle":1ewjiyny said:
Hi, I will be posting an entry for the first time this month, is it ok to post image URL's rather than resizing images?

Thanks

To be fair to all entrants photos must be no more than the maximum size stated and added to your post directly on to the forum thread - URLs not allowed - sorry!!

Latest posts

Back