Not having a lot of luck with my Record CL4

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Not only can they do it - they are saying it should be ready by Friday COP :D - what a result as I have the week off and apart from visiting some friends, we have nothing else planned - so shed here I come :D :D

Great news all back up and running - the company who repaired it were able to replace the main shaft - so should be as good as new. Must admit that at one point i was very tempted by a number of the Union Graduate lathes on ebay - there is a very nice green one that didn't sell at £800 - the seller has relisted again at a starting bid of £800; bit of a long round trip to collect for me to seriously consider, plus of course will need to convert to single phase.

So back in the shed tomorrow :p

chris

hello sammo.thinking of selling my CL4 variable speed ,2001 ( date of manufactor) brought second hand about 5 years ago and to be honest never really got used to it ,its to big for my needs, bought off the widow of an ex member,the chap had been pooly so i don't think he had much use out of it , more details if required no pressure.....regards alf

Alf - thanks for the offer, but I have had my CL4 repaired, and it seems to be working fine.

Dangermouse - wow that is huge! Not sure it will even fit in my shed

Well if you have a really big one you can boast about it down the pub. :eek:ccasion5: :shock: :D

hello sammo. Glad to hear your up and running again,I'll post it on the "for sale" site whenI get some photos sorted ,,,,regards alf

Back